Chapterization of my first e.book in making.

I have already uploaded 53 files of my first book but blocked on question of chapterization. I have made the required rectifications in the back up files that I had saved on my computer and wish to upload the fresh files by replacing the earlier ones. Will someone help the new author in making.

Arun Chadha.

Comments

• I have already uploaded 53 files of my first book

Why not just one file?

but blocked on question of chapterization.

What do you mean? You should do that while formatting the manuscript on your PC, and it's far easier to do in just one file, especially if you want a TOC. In fact with an ePub you have no choice but have a TOC and I am not sure if the Wizard can create one from multiple files.

I have made the required rectifications in the back up files that I had saved on my computer

They are not back-up files, they are the original files. Which of course you can back-up to somewhere.

and wish to upload the fresh files by replacing the earlier ones. Will someone help the new author in making.

Just use Revise. At the page upload phase, delete the older files, then upload the new ones.

• Hi    Arun Chadha,

I believe you meant that you have uploaded your script 53 times and all the time you failed to have your TOC automatically created by Lulu, did I?

In my case I have tried more than 60 times. It seems that I am too stupid to be able to follow the instructions to format my script to meet the requirements to enter this elite group of publisher. I gave up this time and may try with my new book in the future.

Lawrence Louis

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I am under the impression he has uploaded 53 individual pages, which can be done with a printed book, but not with an ePub.

The ePub Wizard creates the TOC using what ever has been tagged using Heading Style 1. Even if that has been done, if it's spread over 53 different files I doubt the ePub Wizard melds them together and then looks for Heading Style 1.

It's best uploaded as one docx.

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/eBook-Formatting-Publishing/EPUB-Conversion-Prepare-Your-Manuscript-for-eBook-Conversion/ta-p/206671

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/eBook-Formatting-Publishing/Top-10-Reasons-Why-Your-eBook-Was-Rejected/ta-p/170703

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/eBook-Formatting-Publishing/EPUB-Conversion-Supported-File-Types/ta-p/206709

PS: "this elite group of publisher"   huh?

• Hi Arun,

To build on Kevin's information, here is the capitalization rules for the title of your eBook, in case that's the point you're having trouble with:

• Regardless of how they appear elsewhere, title and subtitle must be correctly capitalized in the metadata. The first letter of all words in the title and subtitle should be capitalized, except for the following words: a, an, and, for, from, of, or, the, to. The first and last word of the title and subtitle should always be capitalized.