Book Available for Free on Sites

I uploaded my book on Lulu many yrs ago. I thought it was just selling here but I found out today it was made available for global distribution in 2011. I looked into it but I thought the book size was off. I went into to revise and the font wasn't uploaded it said so I stopped. Now yrs later today I google my book and see it is on Barnes Noble, Amazon and lilypay (on this site as a free download). I am in shock. I spoke to Lulu chat and they said it was made available in 2011 and no book sales have been made but I see it selling on Ebay also. I find it hard to believe since 2011 no books have sold. But I have no royalties. I contacted Nook Press w Barnes Noble they said they buy from Lulu. Something is not adding up. Any of this happen to anyone else? I have done a few Lulu support tickets but no response. I am very confused at this point.  Message me at [email protected]

Comments

• jenedge wrote:

I uploaded my book on Lulu many yrs ago. I thought it was just selling here but I found out today it was made available for global distribution in 2011. I looked into it but I thought the book size was off. I went into to revise and the font wasn't uploaded it said so I stopped. Now yrs later today I google my book and see it is on Barnes Noble, Amazon and lilypay (on this site as a free download). I am in shock. I spoke to Lulu chat and they said it was made available in 2011 and no book sales have been made but I see it selling on Ebay also. I find it hard to believe since 2011 no books have sold. But I have no royalties. I contacted Nook Press w Barnes Noble they said they buy from Lulu. Something is not adding up. Any of this happen to anyone else? I have done a few Lulu support tickets but no response. I am very confused at this point.  Message me at [email protected]

eBay ... those folks will buy the book and resell it if you try to buy it from them.

lilypay sounds like on of those sites that promise whatever your search engine searches for, but actually just try to send you malware if you click the link.

This happens a lot... It's almost always scammers.

• Jenedge

Time is no indicator of sales. In fact, conversely the longer a title has been available

the less likely it is to sell currently, unless it is popular, critically acclaimed or heavily

advertised.

There are over 5 million books just on Kindle; if you browse through the bookstore

you will see many, many books which have never sold a single book despite

being a quality product.

• I do not understand what you mean by this >>  " I went into to revise and the font wasn't uploaded it said so I stopped."

Do you have a link to your book on Lulu? Or even Amazon, please?