Revisions

Hello everyone,

I am new to this publishing business. I must say that Lulu has made it very easy for me to publish my first e book. The questions I have are in reference to revising the body of the e book. I made a final revision on it yesterday which was February 17 and I recently received an e mail advising me that my e book had been approved to forward to the other retailers. My questions are as follows:

1) Must the revision be done separately for all retailers? Or does the revision start the whole process over again for distribution to all retailers.

2) If the revisions must be done separately, how does one go about it?

Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

Ambico

Comments

• It's pretty simple.

The version that was just approve will be sent to all retailers.

To make a revision, click the Revise link next to the project title. This will create a draft version. Make the required changes to the manuscript and then upload and convert it just as before. When you publish, your book will go through the QA review and when approved, the new version will be replace the old version on all retail sites.

Hope this helps.

• Thank you very much for your quick reply. Very helpful.
  • I understand that a revision starts the clock all over again. With that being said, my ebook was set to "processing" as accepted through Lulu and then I had to revise before it was approved through the other outlets. Now it has been in "pending mode since 02/04. Is there something I need to do? Please help, I am new at this.

• I understand that a revision starts the clock all over again. With that being said, my ebook was set to "processing" as accepted through Lulu and then I had to revise before it was approved through the other outlets. Now it has been in "pending mode since 02/04. Is there something I need to do? Please help, I am new at this.

Do you mean 4th of Feb? (I am English, we do dates Day/Month/Year, because that's the actual progression :-)  ) Or Feb 2004! The latter I assume.

It can take up to 8 weeks, sometimes even 10, depending on the workload at all the sites Lulu places them on.