Full disclosure - Revenue splits changed on my projects

In the spirit of full disclosure, I would like to announce that revenue splits have been changed for two of my projects.

Formerly, my revenue from Caveman Apologetics went entirely to my church, North Salinas Baptist Church. Also, my half of revenue from Daddy, Who's That Man? went to NSBC as well.

Last week, in a business meeting, NSBC's 10 remaining members voted to disband. As a result, once the non-profit is dissolved, there would be nowhere for those revenues to go. I have arranged for all current unpaid revenue in those accounts to be closed out and sent to the church; from today forward, any sales on those projects will benefit me instead of my church.

I may change this again when I've selected a new church home; we shall see when that time comes.

In the meantime, I did not want anyone to think that he or she was benefitting a church by buying my books. Effective immediately, no churches directly benefit from any sales of my projects.

Shadowmonkey, you'll notice that I've adjusted our revenue split on DWTM.

Thank you all for your support.

Comments

• I just looked Skoob, it's all good. Hope things work out for you. Hate to hear about the church.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

Perhaps the simplest solution is to collect all your royalties from Lulu, and write a cheque to the church of your choice when you have the money and feel like it.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

Skoob_Ym a écrit :

In the meantime, I did not want anyone to think that he or she was benefitting a church by buying my books. Effective immediately, no churches directly benefit from any sales of my projects.

I am a non-practicing Roman Catholic. Frankly, I do not see why anyone should apologize about how they spend their money. It must be one of those unfathomable American things.  Smiley Happy

I wish you to find a pleasant new harbour very soon.

• Hi Skoob,

When you do find a church its' best to assign them the royalties rather than mail them the money. In this way the money will not be considered part of your income, only to then have to deduct it.

Good luck with finding a new home.

A citizen of the world.

• Em_Press wrote:

Hi Skoob,

When you do find a church its' best to assign them the royalties rather than mail them the money. In this way the money will not be considered part of your income, only to then have to deduct it.

Good luck with finding a new home.

That is what I did previously for those projects. And I may do it again.

• potetjp wrote:

Skoob_Ym a écrit :

I am a non-practicing Roman Catholic. Frankly, I do not see why anyone should apologize about how they spend their money. It must be one of those unfathomable American things.  Smiley Happy

I wish you to find a pleasant new harbour very soon.

Thank you for the good wishes.

I simply wish to be transparent regarding whether or not money is going to my own pocket, as opposed the church and its ministries, which included a school and several charities.

• Shadowmonkey wrote:

I just looked Skoob, it's all good. Hope things work out for you. Hate to hear about the church.

Well, it had been on "life support" for a while. I'm sure that a greater good will come out of it.