Create Private Free eBook from Public eBook that is Sold

I have both a print book and an eBook for the same title.

I want to be able  distribute free downloads of my eBook at conferences to promote sales of my print book. 

How do I create a free duplicate eBook that is only available on Lulu from the the same eBook that I sell elsewhere.

I know I'm supposed to create a new project that does not have an ISBN.

But how do I duplicate  the existing eBook and put it into the new Project?

Does it transfer as a whole including cover?

Or do I have to reformat it from scratch?

Thanks  

Jim Verdonik

Comments

• Start a New project with the same title, select sell only at Lulu, click on My Files when it's time to upload the interior and pick your interior PDF, and eventually your cover PDF. Make sure to make the project Direct Access right before you click on publish at the last stage.

Set the price at zero and give the link only the those you wish to have the book free.

A citizen of the world.

• I want to be able  distribute free downloads of my eBook at conferences to promote sales of my print book.

That's an unusual method. Not everyone has portable access to the internet or e-reading devices. Normally one takes the printed books to conferences, signed. To sell or give away.

• There are two options:

You can create a Direct Access project using the originally formatted files as described below. Add the URL to the new, direct access project to a business card or flyer to hand out at the trade show. Only people with the URL will be able to access the project online.

Another option is to download the EPUB file and load it onto thumb drives to give out. You can download the EPUB by clicking on the project title. The download function is near the bottom of the page. This option does not require you to create a new project.