PDF in Indesign

I'm curious about a format issue I am trying to avoid. I am in the process of putting together a childrens book using Adobe InDesign and I want to make sure I am doing this correctly. I was previously using MS Word for the template but was not getting all the formatting options I was craving. When I moved it into Id the pages shifted so it starts on a single page instead of double. I am curious if this will throw of the printing. Its a lot easier to see the book formatted with the spreads in line rather than the left side on the right, Do I need to restart a new project or is this okay?

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Lulu's Wizards will not accept a double-page spread no matter what file type you use.

I am puzzled as to what options you cannot find in Word.

• I used InDesign as well as it did this when I moved the pages from Word. I carried on editing it until I was happy and then uploaded it. You can view the 'print ready copy' that Lulu creates once you've uploaded it. So you'll see the outcome before you go ahead and publish it. InDesign definitely takes a lot of time to make a book on and lots of double checking (can't stress enough how important that is!!), so make sure you're completely happy with it before hitting publish.

• Thank KatdeL,

My only issue is I have seen some link that say you have to havea lulu publishing type option, and I am not seeing that option available. I have downloaded the link for it, but it doesnt seem to install it into my preferences. I have found a away to get it to print as single pages with a gutter overlay so the pictures will not overlap. Hopefully everything will ride on smoothly.

~Anna