Revision Question

My apologies if this has been asked before but I'm at my wits end. The author "my dad" has asked me to help make a revision for him since the previous helper is no longer available. I've been all over the website, internet and youtube for days and cannot figure out how to to this. The files on Lulu are all in pdf or jpeg. I followed the instructions on how to revise, but that's where I'm stuck. There are no files available / open to edit.  Can someone please tell me how to do this. Lulu said they could do it for him but it would cost him over $900! He just needs to add 2 endorsements and complete the page numbering. No pages would be shifted or added. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• You need to get the Word document from your previous helper. Very important. This is why Lulu is charging $900. Because they would have to generate a document from your PDF and clean it up. A lot of work.

Do everything you can to get your source files. Look under My Files at Lulu and on your Google drive, in emails, on your computer.

A citizen of the world.

• You'll find the latest wordprocessor file on your father's computer. This is the file you should edit before you convert it to PDF and upload it to Lulu to replace the old file. When you are in your project, don't forget to delete the old file before you replace it by the new one, otherwise the two files would be printed together as a single book. Keep courage.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

As hinted at, there's no actual text editing software on Lulu. That has to be done on a PC and then uploaded as a Revision to the Project on the original account. What you need to find is the original docx perhaps, edit that, Save As a PDF if need be, and upload that, but delete the older file while in the Wizard's pages upload section.

http://www.lulu.com/learn

• Just wondering, when you click on the link "my projects" do you see a link that says "my files" to the left side of the page. Click that and maybe the file is still there. When files are not connected to a project they are deleted after a certain time. But it's worht a shot.

• Shadowmonkey a écrit :

Just wondering, when you click on the link "my projects" do you see a link that says "my files" to the left side of the page. Click that and maybe the file is still there. When files are not connected to a project they are deleted after a certain time. But it's worht a shot.

Yes, Shadowmonkey is right, you can download on your computer the final print-ready PDF file generated by Lulu.  It is indeed at the bottom of the description of the book in "My projects". If you have a PDF editing program you can directy edit this PDF file on your computer, and upload it corrected to Lulu when you do the revision.

I wouldn't do that myself, because I'd fear to botch the Lulu PDF. Instead I always prefer to edit my Wordperfect file because I have mastered this word processor. 

If my last resort were to use the Lulu PDF file, I'd have it converted to the format of my wordprocessor to edit it, then convert the corrected wordprocessor document to PDF, etc.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

The original uploaded files may possibly also still be in My Files, and they can be downloaded.