Need help with page size

Hi there,

I have published my book as a paper back, but also want to publish it as a hard back. I'm having some pretty major issues with changing the page size though ...

The page size for the paper back was 14.81cm x 20.99cm .. but the page size for the hard back should be 15.24cm x 22.86cm ..

When I change the page size in the word document, it obviously changes all of the formatting .. which is a nightmare. I have uploaded the document as it is, and Lulu simply puts it into the hard back page size. But the result is that the text is quite a bit narrower, so it's not ideal ..

Does anybody have an idea how it might be possible to change the page size in word, whilst keeping all the formatting the same? Maybe by fiddling with the margins or something? 

If anybody has any idea please let me know!!

Thanks

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Hi there,

I have published my book as a paper back, but also want to publish it as a hard back. I'm having some pretty major issues with changing the page size though ...

The page size for the paper back was 14.81cm x 20.99cm .. but the page size for the hard back should be 15.24cm x 22.86cm ..

When I change the page size in the word document, it obviously changes all of the formatting .. which is a nightmare. I have uploaded the document as it is, and Lulu simply puts it into the hard back page size. But the result is that the text is quite a bit narrower, so it's not ideal ..

Does anybody have an idea how it might be possible to change the page size in word, whilst keeping all the formatting the same? Maybe by fiddling with the margins or something? 

If anybody has any idea please let me know!!

Thanks

No, it's not really possible (and margin size is part of the formatting) unless you experiment with the font size, but it's no real headache reformatting. All that's really important is where chapters end and start and you can do that at a glance, it's not like Proofreading or Editing. But I do not see how a larger page size ends up with narrower text. With the same font size there should be a few more words per line, and fewer pages.

• Paperback size needed should be 6" X 9"--nothing larger
  • Lulu's Wizard will actually resize a manuscript that's close to the intended size, by around 15% I think, but I don't think it changes the font size, and that can upset formatting. I prefer to do all of that myself by making a file of pages the correct size to the book I want to create. Uploading the right size in the first place saves potential hassle.