for Dawnedon

Dawnedon, darling dear, happy new year.


Very easy to be paid from Lulu. You  just need an ISBN. You can get it for free from Lulu or CISS. (



No SIN required.


If you post in Suggest only Lulu staff can answer. Here everyone can help you.



 A citizen of the world.


  • You sound like a lovely caring lady, Maggie. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question.

    I do have an ISBN number on my book...the book is called The Hip Hope Dancer...please check it out

    on lulu if you have the time.

    How do I go about receiving revenue when I have an ISBN?

    It appears I need to fill in a revenue form on the page called "Payment Contacts" which at this point tells me:


    "It seems that information for this payee is not complete. Please fill in all the missing information."


    So when I try to fill in the form,  it asks me for either a SSN or an ITIN or an EIN:


    Get Paid By      PayPal        Check
    All checks are paid in USD on a quarterly basis when your accumulated revenue is $20 or more.
    For more info, see the Creator Revenue FAQ
    Taxpayer Type Individual Organization
    First three characters - Middle two characters - Last four characters
    If your book includes a Lulu ISBN, US income taxes will be automatically withheld from sales made in or delivered to the USA. To prevent tax withholding, US authors can submit a completed W-9 tax form and non-US authors can submit form W-8BEN. These forms require an identifier such as a US Social Security Number (SSN), Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), or an Employer Identification Number (EIN). For more information about obtaining the required identifier numbers and completing these forms, see "How do I get a W-9 or W-8BEN on File at Lulu."


    Can I still fill in the form without having a SSN, ITIN or an EIN? I just need a ISBN? Is that what you're saying, Maggie? Because on this page, filling in this form, there is no place to state my ISBN?

    Is there another page I need to fill in in order to receive revenue?

    Your help is VERY much appreciated!

    Dawn...and Happy New Year to you too!


  • Hi Dawn,


    That SIN is optional and you can choose to not fill out any forms. Just add your payee information. If you do not fill out the US tax forms there is an automatic 30% withholding. But you can add the t4 slip Lulu sends you to your income taxes in February when it's time to fill them out.


    It's quite simple. Don't think about it too much. Just fill out your payee information. All I have there is my address and paypal information.

     A citizen of the world.

  • Thank you again, Maggie. I did what you suggested and filled in the form with no US tax info...and it worked! Did you check out my book? What book(s) have you written?




    Yes, it looks like a worthwhile story and I'm glad you published it.


    Wishing you success.

     A citizen of the world.

Sign In or Register to comment.