We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

eBook ISBN issues

Hello, created an eBook project yesterday with my own ISBN.

Had to delete the project and start a new one today.

When I enter the ISBN, lulu complains that the ISBN has been already assigned!

The original project has been deleted, and I have to use this ISBN.

Please advise.

Sincerely,

Vk

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

Unfortunately, your own ISBN was associated with an edition. You erased it. The ISBN is lost.  Just use the free Lulu ISBN for the new edition.

• I see, but they should improve the system so that if the project is not approved at the end of the process, the ISBN should still be available!

Vk

noorcon a écrit :

I see, but they should improve the system so that if the project is not approved at the end of the process, the ISBN should still be available!

Vk

Your mistake is to have deleted your project instead of merely editing it. Perhaps you could wait until the Xmas period is over, and ask Lulu if they could retrieve it, and give it back to you.  If you remembered the number of your retired project it might help them. Who knows, they might find a way. 

Imagine they succeed. I suppose the new edition of your book will have the same technical characteristics as the original one -at least such is the case for printed books - otherwise when the mismatch is discovered, your book will be rejected.

• True, it was a mistake for me to delete the project, but, the reason I did, is because other projects I deleted, I could have retrieve! But this one is gone! I don't see it.

In any case I have come to realize that even though they have provided some good platform, they have made it a little more tedious then it is supposed to be.

I am mentioning this as a software engineer who implements such services, and I have to say that some of the basic stuff is missing from the tool set

Vk

For printed books, you can have your retired projects disclosed in the list of all your projects. (I have just checked it and it works.)  Also I think you can reactivate any within a certain number of months after its retirement. Can you do the same with e-books?

• See if it is the same for eBooks. When I deleted mine, it was gone. The time period was within a day.
    Vk

I don't do e-books, only printed books, but I follow threads dealing with e-books should I ever decide to make one. From what you say, the rules are different for a-books.

• Hello Noorcon

you should submit a support request. If the original book was not published, it is likely we can release the ISBN so that you can re-use it.

If you deleted a draft project, it will be permanently removed. If the work was published, click on the Show Retired Projects button to see a list of deleted projects.