We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Strange doings!

Tried your customer-support page which just takes you in circles - not a lot of use when you want simply to ask a question.

This forum shapes up as the next best option!

Allow me to copy and paste the relevant info:

We were unable to authorize your PayPal payment. You have not been charged for this order. Please re-enter your billing information or try a different payment method.

uds3 , we were unable to process your payment for order #11314531 due to an error with your billing information.

Please double-check all of your information, and after correcting any errors you find, please try again.

Payment Information:

Payment Type

Credit / Debit 

• Visa
  • MasterCard
  • American Express

PayPal

Save and Continue >

Order Summary:

Item Subtotal:

$28.99

Subtotal:

$28.99

Shipping Subtotal:

$5.69

Tax:

I have been ordering books for many years from this same computer in Colorado, at the same address...same IP

address with nary a problem. TODAY the above occurs.

Followed minutes later by this!

Dear United Directory Systems,
You submitted an order amounting to $34.68 USD to Lulu Press Inc.
Your account will be charged when Lulu Press Inc. processes your payment. You may receive further emails when they do.

To view full transaction details, please log in to your PayPal account.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller
Lulu Press Inc.
[email protected]
Your instructions to the seller
None given.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
  $34.68 USD 1 $34.68 USD
Subtotal $34.68 USD
Payment sent to [email protected]  

Issues with this transaction?
You can open a dispute against eligible transactions up to 180 days from the transaction date.Learn about Buyer Protection

Have a question? Visit our Help Centre.

Thanks for using PayPal.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored so you won't receive a response. For help, click Help at the bottom of any PayPal page.

To receive emails as plain text instead of HTML, change your Notifications preferences in your PayPal account.

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.
PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (AFSL 304962). Any general financial product advice provided in this site has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs.

PayPal Email ID PP120 - 8e5649e2a70c5

This suggests of course that Lulu itself has presented the stumbling block.....presumably over this bizarre "error with your

billing information" statement.

I needed to get this book printed and shipped to my daughter in Australia ASAP. This isn't helping and obviously I have

no idea how to address the situation.

I haven't moved....NOTHING has changed (you have shipped a great many books to me here in Longmont CO this year already) so what's the problem?

Thanks,

Noel Bailey

Comments

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher

My belief is that Lulu is encountering multiple problems. Other members, including me had problems publishing an e-book, but I managed the task the day after. One of my e-books is taking much longer than normal to filter through to Amazon and various channels. Also, I have contacted the admins three or four times, concerning the zero revenue on several of my books on Apple iBooks. They tell me that the book is probably being downloaded on a different device, and they will have published the book previously.  I am not so sure, as every book this month from iBooks show zero revenue. Anyway, Noel, I would try repeating the process again today. Perhaps Lulu are experiencing problems.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

An hour ago, I wanted to post an answer, but my Kaspersky anti-virus cut off the connection, displaying a warning there was a virus in your message. I suppose Lulu has cleansed it since I can enter this thread again.

• Interesting Potetjp......I HAVE Kaspersky on this machine. Surely it would have found the virus. I haven't noticed any strange behaviour computer-wise and no-one receiving email contact from me has come back saying "Major OOPS...you need to check your computer."

The way Kaspersky runs and monopolizes one's hardware I have often thought IT was a virus itself.

Hopefully Lulu isn't having virus problems its unaware of.

Noel B.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

noel a écrit :

Interesting Potetjp......I HAVE Kaspersky on this machine. Surely it would have found the virus. I haven't noticed any strange behaviour computer-wise and no-one receiving email contact from me has come back saying "Major OOPS...you need to check your computer."

The way Kaspersky runs and monopolizes one's hardware I have often thought IT was a virus itself.

Hopefully Lulu isn't having virus problems its unaware of.

Noel B.

Apparently the virus came from you, or from something between your computer and Lulu, because the event took place when I clicked on you to ask you how long had taken place between the Lulu rejection and the PayPal acceptance.

Kaspersky did display lulu.com as the site it had cut off. So Lulu may have had a virus attack that was immediately thwarted by the Lulu system, and I happened to be there by sheer chance.

• Randomly on Lulu's site I get those Invalid Certificate warnings, and those 'There is content on this site that may slow down your PC, view all?' As I say they are random and it's my Browser warning me. Lulu uses the 'normal' cookies too of course. They auto-delete when I shut my browser. Usually.

• Invariably Kevin, your advice and inarguably wide-ranged knowledge of Lulu's modus operandi are ultimately helpful.

Whilst my particular experience here wasn't what I would call a "certificate warning" as such.....it stating quite clearly

that Lulu could not "authorise my PayPal payment on account of a problem with my billing information, " I was prompted by

your email to try it again and lo and behold it went through without a hitch. 

Like I said......"strange doings."

Thanks Kevin and also to the other co-respondents.  Problem resolved, end of debate!

Noel

• Well thank you Noel.

As to strange things, I was just giving other examples.