How do I revise my published book?
To revise to your published book:
- Click My Projects
- In your Project List, click the title of the project you want to revise.
- Click the Create New Revision button at the top of the page to make changes to your project.
- To Revise a Proof Copy: Click the Approve/Deny Book button and then the Create Revision button.
- The title, interior files, cover, information, etc. can all be modified. Work your way through the Publishing Wizard and click Save & Finish to complete the revision and republish the project.
- Order and review a single copy of the revised project before ordering multiple copies or making the project available to consumers. Even the smallest changes to your files can alter the way a book will print.
Things to consider when revising your work
- Sales rankings are associated with the product number assigned to your work. When you revise either your book's content or meta data (title, author, description, category, etc.) a new product number is assigned to differentiate it from the previous version. Therefore, rankings associated with the previous version will be lost when you publish a revision.
- Reviews for previous versions can be accessed on your book's product page by clicking the Find Reviews for Previous Versions link located below the book description.
- Ratings for your book are not retained when a new version is published.
- Changes to books with an ISBN are controlled by ISBN rules. If you create a new version of a published book with an ISBN, we automatically reassign the ISBN and its information to the new version. For more information, please see: If I edit a previously published book, do I need a new ISBN?