We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Sacre bleu!

HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher

Today I published a book of short stories and have promoted them on various sites. However, now when I upload the book, the description is in French. I have checked my settings and have them for UK. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• That is strange because I don't think Descriptions get translated. Nope, I just looked and they don't.

• You will need to contact support; a similar thing happened to me once.

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher

Kevin, I have pasted the description here. Earlier it posted it in English, but now...

Tales of Enticement (Volume I) by Anthony Hulse (eBook) - Lulu

Acheter Tales of Enticement (Volume I) de Anthony Hulse (eBooks) en ligne sur Lulu FR. Rendez-vous sur la Place du marché Lulu pour consulter les fiches techniques, les évaluations et les critiques des produits.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

HULSEY a écrit :

Today I published a book of short stories and have promoted them on various sites. However, now when I upload the book, the description is in French. I have checked my settings and have them for UK. Any ideas anyone?

Perhaps because sacré bleu is a polite, quaint French swear word, the sort that would be used by the Three Musketeers. Smiley Happy  In historical pieces, I prefer palsambleu, a corruption of par le sang bleu  (de Jésus) "by the blue [noble] blood (of Jesus)".

• HULSEYHULSEY UK Publisher

No, I cdid not use sacre bleu when posting the ads. This was just humour for this forum post.

HULSEY a écrit :

No, I did not use sacre bleu when posting the ads. This was just humour for this forum post.

Oh!  How silly I am!  So either you logged in the French version of Lulu by mistake, or there is a glitch in the Lulu pogram. 

Perhaps you clicked on the language/country flag of the Lulu portal and switched to French without realizing it.

• Descriptions always stay in the language they were written in.

kevinlomas a écrit :

Descriptions always stay in the language they were written in.

Absolutely, so I don't understand why our friend's description in English could ever turn up in French. Perhaps he means the portal is in French, and people didn't go beyond the first lines.