How to remove "empty image" boxes from cover

I designed a simple all black cover with white writing.   When i got to click "preview and print ready copy" it says i have empty image boxes and that they will be published with my cover.  How do i remove these green empty image boxes from my cover design. i cannot seem to figure it out.

Comments

•  

mercedesgovroom a écrit :

I designed a simple all black cover with white writing.   When i got to click "preview and print ready copy" it says i have empty image boxes and that they will be published with my cover.  How do i remove these green empty image boxes from my cover design. i cannot seem to figure it out.

The empty images boxes are not printed.  You opened the resulting cover PDF supplied by Lulu, and they were still there? How odd!

• If you're using the cover wizard, look at the top. There is a button or link to choose a format for that template. Some use images and some are for text only. Choose one with only text boxes and delete the text. Then choose the color you want and you should be fine.

• That is strange, unless as said above you have left the default text in the frames that the Wizard adds. As also said, just delete them (and don't forget the spine.)

• mercedesgovroom a écrit :

You should publish a screen capture of what you get.

• I want to remove the empty image boxes and the text box.    Grrrr.    I have my own image with text.  Why so difficult?

• If you're using your own image, you may be best served selecting the 'Image Only' theme. When you use a template with image/text boxes, you won't be able to remove them.
  • Are we on about a Cover Wizard? Remove any default text from the boxes and then ignore them, they do not print.

If you want to put an image within a box then just upload it and do that (making sure it will fit).

If you have two images, a full front cover and full back cover,  then upload them and drag the front one to the corner of the entire front template and the rear the corner of the rear template.

If you want to a matching spine then use the eyedropper to pick a colour from your images. I often do the same with the default background so that no white accidentally shows when printed.