NEWBIE - Do we receive electronic Proof for approval?

I'm very new in Lulu and before I proceed in here, may I just know from those who have already experienced printing their books with Lulu,if they get a electroninc proof for approval prior to printing of the books?

Thanks adn I would really appreaciate it if anyone can help me.

xoxo

Comments

• After publishing your book if you want it to proceed to Global Distribution you need to buy one hard copy of the book and then after checking everything is ok you approve the book online in your account. The price is cost plus shipping. If you have an ebook if it doesn't pass you will get an email saying so . The ebooks process is free.

• I'm very new in Lulu and before I proceed in here, may I just know from those who have already experienced printing their books with Lulu,if they get a electroninc proof for approval prior to printing of the books?

In a way, you do, it's called the Print Ready PDF, generated by the conversion tool within a Project Wizard from the file/s of pages you upload to it. This PR PDF is what is used (combined with the cover PR PDF) to control the POD machines that make the printed books. You are able to preview this within the Wizard, save it, print it out if you wish. But all this shows is if the conversion worked, but it's still no guarantee that the pages and contents will be the same as you expected and it gives you the chance to change the original file on your PC and upload it again.

But that's really nothing to do with Approval (which only needs to be done if you opted for an ISBN. You don't see that Approve option if not.)

Basically the PR PDF/s only show if your layout worked (and could be converted.) If it did then you next need to order a Proof to see how it looks in print. You may have to adjust margins, for example, cover colours, stuff like that. Some say reading a printed version is the best way to spot typos etc. A Proof is the final QC check.

Again, if you opt for an ISBN then you have to order and Approve a Proof to set the Distribution ball rolling.

When logged in to your account you can buy your books, including that Proof, at Cost. (Plus shipping etc.)

• As soon as your file is made print-ready by Lulu, before you are taken to the cover-creation stage, you can download the PDF on your computer to examine it, and leave the creation process.  

On your computer, if you spot typos, correct the file in your word processor, give it a new title or simply a new suffix, convert it to PDF, and upload it to Lulu.

Return to your project, delete the wrong file and use the corrected one instead. Many hours (or days or months?) may elapse between the moment you stopped the creation process, and the moment you enter it again.

• Gosh, why didn't I say that?  Smiley Very Happy