Formatting Question

I am printing a book of poems, but it is relatively short.  I would like each poem to appear on the right sided page when you open the book.  The left side page would be blank.  Should I format the book so the poems are on the even pages or the odd pages?  

Comments

• desert13 a écrit :

I am printing a book of poems, but it is relatively short.  I would like each poem to appear on the right sided page when you open the book.  The left side page would be blank.  Should I format the book so the poems are on the even pages or the odd pages?  

Odd pages are on the right. So your poems go to odd pages.

Are you sure you don't want your poems on even / left pages, with odd / right pages left blank?

• Right hand pages are always odd numbered.

• In Word Processors it's not always easy to see which is an odd and which is an even page unless the pages are numbered. Keep that in mind.

But yes, the right-hand pages in a printed book are the odd ones. (E-books not having actual pages.)

To achieve what you want you will need to use two New Page 'commands'. One to create the next even page and another to create the next odd page to place your text on.

Don't forget that each page costs money even with no content, and that cost has to be passed on to the buyers. In a 30 page book people will be paying for 15 blank pages. Think about it.

If you need a higher page count to match the minimum in a Project option then don't forget that it also needs Frontmatter. Title Page, Copyright Page, stuff like that (look in some books.)

There's also some rule that a file/book should start and end with two blank pages, so you have at least six extra pages there for a start.

Don't forget that an ePub does not have pages to leave blank.