We detected and flattened transparencies in your file

I'm using Indesign CS3 for my book (http://bit.ly/161phxK) and the Content Creator Wizard prompts the following warning (and email)

We detected and flattened transparencies in your file.

That's fine with me. I checked the print-ready PDF and it looks unchanged. There are no problems. But I'd really like to find out where that transparency is located. All my linked files are JPG and I checked the "Effects" pallette to see if the objects had transparency adjusted. Nothing. It doesn't affect the book at all, but it really bugs me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

With best regards,
Eric C. M. Basir

Comments

• It possibly means it found Layers that should have been Flattened (or Merged) but very often if it finds ones that have not been it rejects the file.

• Nice book. It's just a shame that full-colour POD is so expensive. That's working out at around 42p per page.

BTW: It would be better if the back cover had some content.

• Interesting. I do have multiple layers and and one of them are for English and the other is for Swedish. So maybe when I turn off the layer and export the PDF, that causes the problem. Next time, Ill try deleting the unused layer (CS3 doesn't seem to have a flattening option).

Thanks for the compliment and tip, sir! You are quite a prolific writer and I don't take your advice lightly!

With best regards,
    Eric C. M. Basir

• Interesting. I do have multiple layers and and one of them are for English and the other is for Swedish. So maybe when I turn off the layer and export the PDF, that causes the problem. Next time, Ill try deleting the unused layer (CS3 doesn't seem to have a flattening option).

I use PaintShop Pro 95 for my images, and that does have the Merge option, and then I paste them in to Word. Word also has a handy Save As PDF option, which seems to be defaulted to the type of PDFs Lulu's Wizards like.

Thanks for the compliment and tip, sir! You are quite a prolific writer and I don't take your advice lightly!

Gosh, thanks, I am almost blushing   Smiley Embarassed  I hope it's also prolifically good.   Smiley Very Happy

• I'm getting the same message, and as far as I'm concerned I have no transparencies either - all .jpg photographs. I'm puzzled. Like the previous correspondent, all looks ok in the pdf.

•  Exactly. Very odd. If I ever figure it out, I'll post something.

• Some WPs have the option to Insert As and it may be defaulted to something other than jpg.

Also, if you Copy from something then Paste to something, it can do so as a standard BMP or something else the Clipboard is set to.

• I found that if I use Indesign CS6, it has a "Flattener Preview" palette that highlights all transparent objects in the file when its open. Although I discovered this by working on a different project than was referred to in my original post, I wanted to share it.