Breaking Bad Season 6 is coming out soon!

Now what does Breaking Bad have to do with books, you say? Well, it has great writing! The stuff a million dollar book turned movie is made of. Smiley Happy

Besides that, I'm super excited. That show was brilliant.

A citizen of the world.

Comments

• You will love it.

The ending is very satisfying.

• Glenn, we will love it! He's not dead! They are starting filming this December for season 6. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

A citizen of the world.

• I thought I'd like Breaking Bad. I watched the pilot and about 5 minutes of the next episode and had to switch it off. It appears to be about a man dying of lung cancer. I can't think of anything more depressing.

(And yes, I know I probably didn't give it enough of a chance, but I couldn't help but switch it off.)

• Richard,

I am the last person to watch this series. Just the thought it of annoyed me. Drugs? What? No way and who cares, I thought.

But it's not about that, neither is it about a man dying of cancer. It is about human nature, dark versus light, uncontrollable relationship. Good vs evil. Texture, love, survival, humour, wit. Brilliance.

I think it is the  best series ever made -- even better than Mash way back when.

It suprised me. The only weak link is the first part of season 5. But then again, I binged. Two weeks to watch all five seasons. Even Anthony Hopkins was stunned by how well done it is. He wrote an open letter praising it.

Watch 3 episodes. Think of it as meditation. It turns off the brain for a while, but then you have a lot to think about.

Here is Anthony Hopkins' letter:

Dear Mister Cranston,

I've just finished a marathon of watching 'BREAKING BAD' – from episode one of the First Season – to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing. I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant! Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen – ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening *bleep* in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really. But this work of yours is spectacular – absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers... every department – casting etc... managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to – would you pass on my admiration to everyone – Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada – everyone – everyone gave master classes of performance... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence. You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen. That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards,
    Tony Hopkins

A citizen of the world.

• Or--you can watch Better Call Saul. It's prequel which came out after the fact. Equally brilliant.

A citizen of the world.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

I actually got more than a few laughs from it.