Table of contents

Hi i am probably being really stupid,  i am trying to upload my table of contents.  everytime i do i recieve an error message.  i have read about heading 1,2 etc.  i have tried so many different things but i dont understand it.  can anyone please help me understand it.

Comments

• Hello Jessy,

You're not supposed to be uploading your table of contents. It is generated automatically once you assign the Heading Style to your headings, either Heading 1 or 2. Two must always follow one.

Read the quick and clear Creator Guide in Knowledgebase. It will help you a whole bunch.

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

That's a remarkable TOC list. How many pages do you have?

• Hello everyone. I'm having thesame problems too. What are heading 1, 2 styles? Are they a selected styles such as Arial, New roman, etc. Must the font size be thesame all through? A sample answer will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

• Hello everyone. I'm having thesame problems too. What are heading 1, 2 styles? Are they a selected styles such as Arial, New roman, etc. Must the font size be thesame all through? A sample answer will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

It can include font options yes, but they are Style settings in Word. Styles that can be set with different defaults to save you having to change things individually. (You just hi-lite a word or words and click the Style you want to use with it. (There's also a Normal Style for use with Bodytext).)

In the case of Lulu's ePub Wizard you have to use HS (Heading Style) 1 to any word (such as a chapter name) you want it to auto-place in the Table of Contents it makes. HS1 is for the main words in a TOC, HS 2 is for a sub-heading in a TOC under HS 1, and HS 3 is for a sub-sub-heading under HS 2 you want in a TOC, then it has to be HS 1 again.