Lulu Professional Services Terms and Conditions
This agreement is effective as of today’s date by and between Lulu Press, Inc. (“Lulu”), having an address at 627 Davis Drive, Suite 300, Morrisville, NC 27560, and Professional Services Publisher (“Publisher”). Each, Lulu and Publisher, are a “Party” and collectively the “Parties”.
The Publisher has the right to order professional services from Lulu and Lulu desires to perform such services. The Parties agree as follows:
Professional Services Payment & Fulfillment Policy:
All Lulu Professional Publishing Services must be paid for in full, before any work will commence. Purchases of publishing services indicate explicit agreement to Terms and Conditions. There are no exceptions. Publishers have 30 days to activate their service from the date of purchase. Activation of services is defined as, submission by the Publisher and acceptance by Lulu of the completed redemption form or submission of the information necessary to fulfill the Publisher’s service. In the event Publisher does not activate the service within 30 days, the service will be forfeited and not eligible for refund. Once the service has been activated, the Publisher has 180 days to complete his project without incurring any additional fees. If the Publisher needs more than 180 days to complete his project, he will need to notify his Services Coordinator. Lulu will make a determination to place the job on hold and will notify the Publisher of such. It will be the Publisher’s responsibility to email Lulu when he is ready to continue. If the Publisher does not complete his project within 180 days and has not previously notified Lulu through his services coordinator, the Publisher will forfeit the fee and will not be eligible for a refund. Please also note that refunds cannot be granted once work has been started on a service. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS. THROUGH THE PURCHASE OF THE SERVICE, THE PUBLISHER ACKNOWLEDGES HE HAS READ, UNDERSTANDS AND WILL ADHERE TO THIS POLICY.
Lulu’s policy is to collect payment at the time the service is purchased. All purchases must be made online at www.lulu.com. Lulu accepts all major credit cards and PayPal. Purchases made with fraudulent or insufficient funds will automatically terminate service agreement.
Once the Publisher's services project is activated, the Publisher is expected to communicate with Lulu on a regular basis and work towards project completion. If the Publisher does not convey prior notice and is unreachable for a period exceeding 30 days, Lulu will close the case due to project inactivity and notify the Publisher of the action. At such time the Publisher has forfeited the right to receive any refund.
- Paying in full for service before work will commence and payment must be made via Lulu’s accepted payment options at www.lulu.com. Lulu accepts all major credit cards and PayPal.
- Activating his service within 30 days from the date of purchase through completion and submission of redemption form or submission of the information necessary to fulfill the Publisher’s service. Instructions will be emailed directly to the Publisher’s email address that is associated with his Lulu account.
- Maintaining an active email account to be used as the main source of communication for all Lulu correspondence and notifying Lulu in the event that email address changes. In the event the Publisher changes his email address, his Lulu account should be updated.
- Supplying all necessary materials and files that meet Lulu’s Services requirements, to complete his Professional Publishing Service. In the event the Publisher cannot provide the necessary materials, for any reason, and Lulu has not yet commenced work on behalf of the Publisher, the Publisher may request a full refund via email within 30 days from the date of purchase, minus a non-refundable administrative fee of $50.
- Agreeing to any additional charges required to fulfill a requested service that is outside the scope of the service purchased. In the event the Publisher makes a request for additional services not included in his originally purchased service, he understands that no services will be performed until payment in full has been received by Lulu. Publisher will be notified prior to incurring additional charges.
- Downloading his completed services files within 21 days of being notified that the service files have been uploaded to his My Files folder in his Lulu account and, in the case of a publishing pack, the galley copy has been sent. Files will be automatically deleted after 21 days.
- Following all guidelines and protocol for fulfilling each respective service.
- Notifying Publisher via email, prior to starting any work without consent from the Publisher or having received all of the materials from each Publisher.
- Returning of all completed services files to the My Files within Publisher’s Lulu account and shipment of one galley copy, in the case of a publishing pack. In the event the Publisher fails to respond to Lulu’s requests for approval, all projects will be deemed APPROVED after 30 days of the initial notification.
- Uploading services files to the Publisher’s My Files folder in his Lulu account when service is complete or galley copy has been sent to Publisher.
- Storing Publisher’s completed services files for 21 days following the approval of the project. Lulu will purge all files at the end of 21 days. Files that are associated with a published project will remain intact.
All Publishers, without exception, are subject to additional charges for any work in addition to the scope of work identified in the original Services package purchased.
In the event that Lulu determines the publishing project requires more work than what is included in the service package that the Publisher has purchased, Lulu will communicate to Publisher the additional work required and related additional fees for said work. No work will be performed until payment has been received in full by Lulu. Once Publisher has purchased the service, Lulu will initiate work in the project.
In the event of non-payment or returned payment a Publisher’s project will be terminated.
If Publisher decides not to pay the additional charges for work that exceeds the scope of the original purchase, Lulu will not issue a refund on work already completed. Lulu will complete the project as purchased.
For questions, concerns or disputes, please contact your Lulu services coordinator IMMEDIATELY and copy firstname.lastname@example.org so that Lulu can work to find a solution.
Any requested changes after the project is complete and approved would require the purchase of a new service.
If the service purchased, includes Lulu Professional Services publishing the book on the Publishers’ behalf, Lulu will abide by the Lulu Member Agreement for published projects. This agreement can be viewed at: https://www.lulu.com/about/member_agreement.php. Lulu is not responsible for copyright or content.
Once the service is purchased these Terms and Conditions are binding. Lulu reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions anytime without prior notice.
Lulu Services business hours are M-F 9am – 5pm EST.