Approval of my book

Hello newby here who purchased a proof copy of my book. I discovered a couple of issue with formating (positions on page), to take care of. Made the corrections uploaded  and created print ready files. Now the system wants my to purchase another proof copy before I can Approve my book. The Proof copy was great and I had no complaints or concerns just a couple of spots that I missed on formating. Issued a Support ticket for this hoping to by pass purchasing another proof copy. That was Saturday. Still have not heard anything.

Maybe I am missing something on the project page that would allow me to give final approval of my project. Is there a link of bos I'm not checking to approve my book for distribution or did I revise my project incorrectly? Or do I have to purchase another proof copy?

LULU Support Case 01287355

Comments

• Hello Johnny.

The minute you upload a revision, even if it involves just one comma change, you need to order a new proof copy.

A citizen of the world.

• Hi Johnny,

I grabbed your support case and sent you a response around 1:30 PM today (EST).

Unfortunately, Maggie is right, anytime you create a revision, you'll have to purchase a new proof.

• Project Wizards have no idea how small or great a revision is, but the other aspect is, that although Lulu is free to use, they have to earn money some way or they would not be here for us to make use of.

• After creating a revision, Lulu asks if you want to buy a proof copy. I usually go back to projects and update my preview (so I don't forget), and then I buy proof copies (usually 4). Does "buying a proof" require doing it right when Lulu asks, or does my 4 copy purchase qualify as a purchase-of-proof?
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

After creating a revision, Lulu asks if you want to buy a proof copy. I usually go back to projects and update my preview (so I don't forget), and then I buy proof copies (usually 4).

A Proof is a print test. You should only buy one. It's the final check for you to see if it looks OK in print and if you have not missed any typos or whatever. If you do find things that need to be changed then the other three books are just a waste of money.

Does "buying a proof" require doing it right when Lulu asks, or does my 4 copy purchase qualify as a purchase-of-proof?

You can buy at any time after the option is activated, and your first order is the one that has to be Approved (if you are using an ISBN, otherwise you do not get the Approve option) to set Distribution in motion.

But it's nothing to do with "proof of purchase." Your book will be listed on your Lulu Spotlight even if you do not order a Proof and Approve it. A Proof is simply a test print for you to examine, in fact I think with Createspace the first print even has Proof printed on the blank back pages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prepress_proofing