We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

LULU Isbn #

I plan to use LULU to distribute my book.  I understand that LULU will provide a free ISBN# if I do that.  When do I find out what that number is so that I can put it on the copyright page of my book?

Comments

• During the Project Wizard.

Have your file open on your PC when you start up the Project Wizard.

Copy the ISBN number and paste it to your Copyright page after the 'word' ISBN:

Save the file.

Tthen upload it in the next section.

The ISBN barcode will be added automatically to the back cover in the Cover Wizard section further on in the Project Wizard.

• Thanks for your response.  I had not checked the Global Distribution box when I initially created my first proof copy.  When I got the proof copy in the mail, it had what looks like a bar code on the back page.  It does not begin with 978 so I am sure it is not an ISBN code.  What is it?

If I want to switch distribution options, what is the process for doing that? Do I have to begin all over?  Thanks in advance for your help.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Thanks for your response.  I had not checked the Global Distribution box when I initially created my first proof copy.  When I got the proof copy in the mail, it had what looks like a bar code on the back page.  It does not begin with 978 so I am sure it is not an ISBN code.  What is it?

It's some kind of Lulu stock code.

If I want to switch distribution options, what is the process for doing that? Do I have to begin all over?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Via your My Projects click Revise. On the next page click Create New Revision.

You do have to go through the whole Wizard again.

Select General and you will get an ISBN number.

Add it to your Copyright page.

Delete the old file from the Wizard and upload the updated one.

Continue.

Keep continuing.

You will have to buy and Approve a Proof to set the Dist in motion.