We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

printing a private access copy?

How do you print a private access copy for yourself? I clicked order a proof and it said my book was not found. Anyone know how to print this? thanks

Comments

• If we  are on the  printing stage of the book comments appeared after we have finished downloading for our own editing of our book manuscript. There we were asked to download to review and finalize our book. After downloading abd editing the manuscript you can choose the icons shown, SAVE,, PRINT and others..

Just wondering why the term " PRIVATE ACCESS TO COPY"> Is it for checking your work or for some other reasons? I am just curious.

• Once you've created a Private Access copy and completed the wizard, you should be able to order the book as if it were in the book store. Go to "My Projects" and on the line for that title, select "view / buy." Order one or a hundred.

This is the least expensive way to print oodle and gobs of your book if you mainly printed it either as a personal project with no real appeal outside your friends and family, or as a project for a club (the Moose Lodge Yearbook for Lodge 243, maybe).

Direct access allows you to give a wholesale link to your book if, for example, you are selling to a reseller (like a bookstore) who will mark it up and sell it retail.

Regardless which option you pick, you can always log in and buy your book for the printing cost (the Private Access cost). For the other options, Lulu gets a percentage of your mark-up above printing cost.

myangel168poetry wrote:

If we  are on the  printing stage of the book comments appeared after we have finished downloading for our own editing of our book manuscript. There we were asked to download to review and finalize our book.

Just wondering why the term " PRIVATE ACCESS TO COPY"> Is it for checking your work or for some other reasons? I am just curious.

• Hi Braydon,

As the author, you can order Private Access books as long as you are logged in to your account.

The reason you couldn't order a proof copy immediately after publishing is an internal error on our system, somethign we are working on resolving as quickly as we can. If you wait about 30 minutes, the book will become available and you'll be able to purchase it.