We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

A question about base price for print books

Does anyone know why the base price for print books in distribution is higher than on Lulu. I made a print book which Lulu said would have a base price of $ 1.89 and it did, on Lulu, but the base price for distribution was $ 2.14. That $0.25 makes a huge difference to the selling price you need to set, with Amazon taking half of the selling price as their cut.

I thought books distributed to Amazon were printed by Amazon. Surely their base price should be lower than Lulu's?

I find print books extremely frustrating. It is difficult to set a reasonable price and earn a decent royalty. I wanted to charge $4.99 for my book but that would have given me a royalty of $0.28. I can get more than that for a $0.99 ebook!

I know that loads of people here make print books. What am I missing? Do you all bulk buy and sell them yourselves or do you manage to sell at what would appear to be prohibitive prices?

Comments