We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Should I retire the first edition? When?

My book has sold a few hundred copies, and is still selling on Lulu and Amazon.

I've completed and released a second edition, substantially extended, new ISBN. Review copy has gone out. It's available on Lulu and now appears in Amazon search.

I think I should retire the first edition now. Is there any reason not to? The only thing is: reviews. Amazon reviews (all positive!) are attached to the first edition. Second edition has no reviews at all. Does this matter?

Any reason not to click "Retire" right away?

Comments

• I would retire right away and allow the second edition to take its place. Order a few for yourself first, as rare first editions, just in case...

Once you retire the first edition, you can untire it for... I think it's up to twelve months.

• My book has sold a few hundred copies, and is still selling on Lulu and Amazon.

I've completed and released a second edition, substantially extended, new ISBN. Review copy has gone out. It's available on Lulu and now appears in Amazon search.

It can take a while for a book to be noted as unavailable on Amazon, and it will even still stay listed apparently forever. (In case there's used ones or some one has old stock to link to from your book's paqe.)

I think I should retire the first edition now. Is there any reason not to?

You should perhaps have retired it a few weeks ago. Smiley Happy  So yes do it now. 

The only thing is: reviews. Amazon reviews (all positive!) are attached to the first edition. Second edition has no reviews at all. Does this matter?

It will remain listed and when people click on your name on one of your Amazon pages, or simply Search for your name, the 1st Edition will also still come up along with its reviews. Perhaps until E2 gets reviews you could point that out in your Description?

Any reason not to click "Retire" right away?

None. But possibly, you could change the blurb for it first to say there's now E 2 out and let that update on Amazon first.