Coupons and Discounts FAQ

How do I redeem a coupon?

Coupon codes can only be redeemed at the time of purchase and are CaSSenSitiVe. Read the entire list of restrictions associated with a coupon before use.

1. Add items to your cart making sure they meet the requirements for the coupon you are using
  2. In the Cart, enter the coupon code and click the 'Apply' button
  3. The page will reload showing the discount; click the 'Checkout' button to complete your purchase

If you are notified that the coupon is invalid or didn't work, take a moment to review the restrictions again. Some coupons are restricted to one per customer, require a minimum purchase, or are restricted to a specific currency. Make sure the coupon's discount is displayed before you place your order. If you experience any errors while redeeming your coupon, contact Lulu Support before completing your order. Please read our Membership Agreement for a full list of rules and restrictions.

Can I combine sale prices with coupons or bulk purchase discounts?

Have you just heard about a great new sale at Lulu.com? Do you want to take advantage of the sale price and also get a bulk purchase discount? If so, here are a few things to keep in mind when combining, or stacking, discounts:

• Not all coupons and site-wide sales can be combined with print bulk purchase discounts. Restrictions for use will be clearly indicated on the Lulu.com homepage or coupon email.
  • If you are an author purchasing your own books, we will periodically offer self-purchase or free shipping coupons that can be combined with your bulk discount.
  • If you try to stack a site-wide sale with a Lulu coupon, the higher of the two discounts will be applied during checkout. These types of discounts cannot be combined.

How are discounts displayed during checkout?

In the example below, I receive a $2.50 per item bulk discount. My bulk discount savings of $37.50 is automatically displayed in my shopping cart.

Please Note: Automatic bulk discounts do not apply to Standard Paperback products.

Coupons and Discounts 1.png

There is also a site-wide sale of 25% off. When I enter the coupon code and click the Apply button, both discounts are listed below my purchase. The total of the two discounts is also displayed. 

Coupons and Discounts 2.png

As you progress through the checkout process your total discount amount will be displayed in the Order Summary panel.

Coupons and Discounts 3.png