File appears as a blank screen

Hello. I am still waiting for someone from LULU to acknowledge my plea for help.

I had a heck of a time with the PDF files, but thanks to my graphic designer that has been rectified, I think.

(Something about layers and distilling). Not sure why your program could not automatically do that.

This allowed me to move onward to the next tab (my book cover). Had lots of issues with that. But the "bug" pertaining to the simplified cover method got nuked thanks to your computer staff. Thanks for that!

(Also not sure why your process does not allow the author to move freely amongst the tabs, but I am certain this has been mentioned a 1001 times before).

Last night I was minutes away of publishing, but everything crashed. Now when I call up my project, all I get is an ominous blank screen staring at me.

Overall, I like what LULU has to offer as a product, but your response for help is lacking.

Standing by in Toronto

Captain D

Comments

• Hello. I am still waiting for someone from LULU to acknowledge my plea for help.

They only work the office hours in some American time-zone and never at weekends or statutory holidays. Did you ask via Support?

I had a heck of a time with the PDF files, but thanks to my graphic designer that has been rectified, I think.

(Something about layers and distilling). Not sure why your program could not automatically do that.

Because the Project Wizards are not what created the original files. But flattening Layers is the normal thing to do when one has finished with the original file in the prog they are created in. I do it as I work on them. At the very least it lowers the file size.

This allowed me to move onward to the next tab (my book cover). Had lots of issues with that. But the "bug" pertaining to the simplified cover method got nuked thanks to your computer staff. Thanks for that!

(Also not sure why your process does not allow the author to move freely amongst the tabs, but I am certain this has been mentioned a 1001 times before).

Yes it has. You can move back though, but each time you do it will process the files again when you wish to move forwards again. It does that because it assumes you have changed something because if you have not why go back?  Smiley Happy

Last night I was minutes away of publishing, but everything crashed. Now when I call up my project, all I get is an ominous blank screen staring at me.

That sounds like a PC problem. Try clearing out your Temp folders etc. I think the Wizard still uses Flash and stuff like that. Try updating such things, even your graphics drivers.

Overall, I like what LULU has to offer as a product, but your response for help is lacking.

Well it is a free to use site, if it was not the response would possibly be faster  Smiley Happy

• Kevin. Thanks for taking the time! At least I got a response of some kind. Yes, I asked through "Support" and even emailed two people that I dealt with before. It may sound like I am a pushy customer, but I am not. I just want to get on with the process. 

I did delete the TEMP folder but nothing. I've used another computer. Nothing. 

I have sent my first request for help one week ago and I get the standard "two day response." 

They must be busy. Smiley Happy

Captain D

• Did you say you had installed Windows 10? That has a new browser. But the entire W 10 may still be flawed.

• Kevin. I am working from a MAC. I tried my laptop and two different web browsers (Safari and Firefox). 

It still sits out in la-la land. These all worked fine before.

Captain D

• Macs are a mystery to me, sorry. Even Word for Mac docxs don't appear to be liked by Lulu's Project Wizards.