why wont it upload

I have 40 pages of jpg images (I even made the text an image file as Kevin suggested) however the wizard refuses to load it. Anyone know why? So I went to the knowledge base to ask about an FTP transfer. However the ones suggested arn't free -any suggestions for a safe, free FTP transfer programme. I tried google but those I tried were rejected by Firefox as being unsafe.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Why not do it the easy way? Insert your images into one Word document, print the PDF and upload that?

A citizen of the world.

• LarikaLarika Bibliophile

Thanks Maggie but I don't have Word so I tried to do it in Writer but it wouldn't work. I make all my books in Microsoft publisher and I used to use PDF 995 but it won't work now. I tried do PDF and Nova tried to take over my computer so I uninstalled it. My son is getting me Word so I guess I will wait for that.

• Hi Burbette

Are you uploading individual files - i.e. page 1, page 2, page 3.....

Or are you uploading a single file of images?

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Hi Elizabeth,

You can use the free Starter Edition for this simple a file. Or, you can use Open Office -- (open source). But, I do highly recommend using Word when you get it.

A citizen of the world.

Glenn I was trying to upload the whole file at once. i didn't realise that I could do it page by page.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

What file size are each page, Liz? And total file size?

I am just looking at an A4 PDF of mine with around 76 pages, mostly photos, and it's just 14,000kb in size.

My book is 442.65 MB Kevin and it is not a PDF it's a Pub but most of the pages are Jpg paintings with just 4 text pages that I have made into jpgs. My son will either make it into a PDF or give me Word, Then I should be able to upload it. Thanks Kevin.