ACK

The trolls must be out in droves. Just found an email from lulu saying I had tried to change my password at 9 am this morning... Nope I do not. Sigh so do I go ahead and request a new password change for safety sake or just leave it be?

Comments

• If you do change your password, do it here, on the lulu site, and not through a link in an email.

• There Just changed my password. Made it overly complicated. That if I loose my password book I won't even be able to get in. LOL
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

That's not what trolls do, that's what phishers do.

• Actually, that was probably me when I was checking your projects. You have two accounts - one that was cancelled. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

• Ah Okay Phew. Thought for a moment someone was trying to hack my account. It's okay I'm just very glad it was you Glenn.

And Two accounts?

And I meant phishers Kevin I miss spoke. But regardless anyone that actually hacks is a troll. Lol

• There are two accounts listed under your email address.

One was cancelled on 24 May 2014. The new one was created on the same day.

• Oh yeah now I remember I did do that. 

I don't even remember now why I did do that.  

• Hi Skoob,

i noticed that you are planning to release a childrens book soon. I trust you are excited about sharing it with the world. 

i just finished a children's book myself and it will be my first one in this catagory. 

I am thinking of publishing through Lulu but i am very new at this. I believe it is great to have this option, because regular publishers seem to have to much say and power over work that was not created by them. 

I would like to ask if you already published through this medium and how do you like the process and the results.

with friendly greetigs,

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

i noticed that you are planning to release a childrens book soon. I trust you are excited about sharing it with the world. 

i just finished a children's book myself and it will be my first one in this catagory. 

I am thinking of publishing through Lulu but i am very new at this.

Read all of this first >>   http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Print-and-eBooks/tkbc-p/forums_kb

It's very important that the file you intend to upload is formatted and of the correct size before you upload it, and note that not all book sizes can have a Lulu ISBN.

I believe it is great to have this option, because regular publishers seem to have to much say and power over work that was not created by them. 

And with good reason, but it starts at a synopsis. If they do not like that they will not take it on at all. If they do like it then there's little for them to mess around with usually. But, most publishers have experts to make sure a book is 100% right, and saleable, they know their markets well. Also do not forget they are doing it all at their expense. A rule of thumb often is that if you think a publisher will mess about with your original, you have to ask yourself why they would need to.

I would like to ask if you already published through this medium and how do you like the process and the results.

If you learn how to, it's easy. If you mean results by how does the printed book look, then better than mass-produced books. If you mean in sales, that's up to you, Lulu do not promote the books, and of course results can depend on if the book is saleable.

• Fromthemud wrote:

Hi Skoob,

I am thinking of publishing through Lulu but i am very new at this. I believe it is great to have this option, because regular publishers seem to have to much say and power over work that was not created by them. 

with friendly greetigs,

My children's book project is on hold at the moment, as my co-author is working on the cover design.

It will be a paperback aimed at a 5 or 6th grade reading level. So it's not exactly the "Children's book" that you think of when you hear the words "Children's book."

Maggie has done a lot of publishing for children, and is brilliant at it.

I've published three other books so far -- a book on Theology, a novel, and a technical manual. I've found the process to be very pleasant. It does take some practice -- you may want to do a test run first.

Or make your first run "Private" (no ISBN) so that you can feel you way through and see what the finished product looks like, then go back and run the same title again for Direct Access or for Distribution.

I'm planning to publish a second novel in a month or so, and I am very excited about it. So, in short, yes, I do like the Lulu process.