Print to pdf

Can anyone reccomend a free print to PDF program for Microsoft Publisher, one that can embed text. I had pdf995 but it just doesn't work well now. I went to the knowledge base and tried the 2 free ones reccomended but they got the pages wrong and inserted extra blank pages. My free pdf995 was excellent for several years but not now. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Did you try doPDF?

http://www.dopdf.com/

• LarikaLarika Bibliophile

Yes, but it didn't do a good job

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Elizabeth,

Try DoPDF again. Select the embed fonts option when you click on properties. Also embed in Word (Save As/Tool/s embed fonts) before printing the PDF.

It works remarkably well. I've used it for hundreds of books.

A citizen of the world.

Thanks Maggie. When I downloaded DoPDF I ticked embed fonts. However i saw that it had inserted a second blank page between page 1 and page 2 so I deleted the program--- however I will try it again next time, For my latest book (which is private- it is a cartoon book I have drawn about animal rights---I am a vegetarian) my son embedded the text and turned it into a pdf, then sent me the file. (I hope it works!)

Well I downloaded doPDF again and it worked perfectly in Open Office Writer but it still wouldn't work in Microsoft Publisher so I will have to re-install Publisher and it should be OK. THANKS MAGGIE

Thanks Daniel. doPDF works perfectly in Open Office Writer but not in Microsoft Publisher.