A message to storyteller123

Do those who post in Shameless not know the rest of the forum exists and read the postings?

Anyway. What is the point of flooding Shameless without also leaving any links?

Comments

• I was going to say the same thing. I keep going there but there's never any links or book cover.

kevinlomas wrote:

Do those who post in Shameless not know the rest of the forum exists and read the postings?

Anyway. What is the point of flooding Shameless without also leaving any links?

• I have given up. If the author is unable to add the link to his/her profile book page, why should I bother to have a look?

• I have said this too many times to count: I will not hunt for an author's book. If they can't take the trouble to add a link to their book I am not going to take the trouble to ferret it out.

And while we are on the subject...let me reiterate for the umpteenth time that the announcment of a book in Shameless Promotion is going to be the first sample anyone will have of any author's writing. If it's filled with misspellings, bad punctuation and shakey grammer no one is going to think your book is any better.

One hates to hold anyone up as an example, but the irony in this recent post is too much to resist...

"If your an author, never forget never to give up.... "

• It all  makes little sense. No we seem to have a spammer just posting image links in it.

• If you look more closely at all of my post they have links, sorry if you missed them but they are there.

• No they are not. Your name is not a link to your Spotlight.

• I have consulted with a computer professional and he helped me to fix the problems with my leaving links. I'm truly sorry for the problem and I have fixed it. Thank you for pointing out the issue or I never would have known there was a problem. I will admit I have much to learn but I feel I also have much to offer from my stories.

• I have fixed the problem with my links and I'm sorry for the situation. I cansulted with a computer professional and he helped me fix the problem with leaving links. I admit I have much to learn about computers and how they work but I also feel I have much to offer with my stories. Thank you for helping me with realizing the problem I was having with my promotions work.

• Ron said:

I'm guessing you meant .... If you're an author

• storyteller123 wrote:

I have fixed the problem with my links and I'm sorry for the situation. I cansulted with a computer professional and he helped me fix the problem with leaving links. I admit I have much to learn about computers and how they work but I also feel I have much to offer with my stories. Thank you for helping me with realizing the problem I was having with my promotions work.

I still see no links to your books, I am afraid.

• danielblue wrote:

Ron said:

I'm guessing you meant .... If you're an author

That was a verbatim quote from the author's post...and hence the irony.

• storyteller123 wrote:

I have consulted with a computer professional and he helped me to fix the problems with my leaving links. I'm truly sorry for the problem and I have fixed it. Thank you for pointing out the issue or I never would have known there was a problem. I will admit I have much to learn but I feel I also have much to offer from my stories.

Dear Michael,

Since you are obviously working very hard at all of this let me offer a little unsolicited advice that I very much hope you will take in the helpful spirit in which it is intended. As you know, I have long urged authors to be as careful as possible when writing the blurbs for their books. These are, after all, the very first examples anyone will ever see of your writing are the blurbs you have written for your books. If they are not written well, why should anything think your books are any better? "If this author," says the potential purchaser, "cannot take the care to make sure a single paragraph is correct, well, how good can the whole book be?"

To that end, let me offer a few suggestions regarding your blurbs. They are not bad at all, but there are some mistakes that you might want to correct. Even a small mistake can give a bad impression!

I  have made my suggestions in red so you can more easily see them.

This story is about a group of astronauts who prepare for a mission never attempted before. An earth-like world is discovered orbiting a red dwarf star. There Their mission is to not only explore the planet once they reach it but to become the first to settle on the planet there to live. Much of what they need to survive will have to be found on the planet's surface if they are to survive.

This is a short story taken from the case files of Detective Mickey Fulton. A rash of horrible murders has taken place and police have been powerless to bring the murderer to justice. Now it's up to Detective Mickey Fulton to solve the case and bring the murderer to justice.

This story is my first novel and it's about a young boy who receives a diary as a Christmas gift. And fFrom the age of nine years old and up into his adult life he records his thoughts and tells of his family and the his adventures he lived his family life. The story follows him throughout his life and only ends when he can no longer write his thoughts due to old age.

• What a shame some people do not put as much effort in to writing as they do in to selling.