Old Lulu Account

In March I joined Lulu with a different email and published a book. Then I deleted my account. It is showing up on Amazon but I would like to delete it. How can I do this from my new Lulu account which has a different email address please?

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

If it is showing as available, you can write to lulu and ask them to retire the project.

But even when they retire it and no one can buy it, the cover image - with the information that it is out of stock -- will appear on Amazon forever.

A citizen of the world.

• Thanks Maggie,  I was hoping it could be deleted forever.  It is still showing up for sale so I will write to customer support and see what they say about retiring it. 

• Yes, thanks for that explanation Maggie.

I have often wondered why certain ebooks on Kindle are marked as 'Not Available to Purchase'. Now I know!

• Any ebooks I have deleted or retired has been removed from Amazon. Paperbacks on the other hand remain there as out of stock.

• Amazon will keep the Metadata (title, ISBN, cover, etc.) on their site as in a status of unavailable or out of stock. This allows people who may wish to sell a used copy to enter the ISBN and associate the book with its official information. Based on what I have read in the forums, you can try contacting Amazon directly, but it is unlikely they will remove the listing.

• Amazon will keep the Metadata (title, ISBN, cover, etc.) on their site as in a status of unavailable or out of stock. This allows people who may wish to sell a used copy to enter the ISBN and associate the book with its official information. Based on what I have read in the forums, you can try contacting Amazon directly, but it is unlikely they will remove the listing.

• Thanks for info. I think that when I deleted my old account I forgot to retire and delete the ebooks.
  • Hello Rowan

When you cancel an account, all projects within it are retired and removed from distribution automatically.

• Thanks Glenn and everyone who has replied. I will have to contact Amazon to get the eBook in question removed then. Smiley Happy