Are books sought in Google (or in Amazon)?

A person is given the title and the author of a book. Where will he search in Google or in Amazon? (suppose he wants to read it)

If he fails to find it in Amazon, will he then search also in Google?

The reason why I ask this, is that I want to put a noticeable red reference to my other book at my book cover. My book is not available from Amazon.

Should I add "(search in Google)" to the title of the other book at my red ad on the cover?

Comments

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Unless I am after a particular book (in which case I would use Google) I rely on serendipity. I buy most of my books on Kindle. When I am in book buying mode I log on to Kindle and then start searching for stuff I am interested in.

Amazon and Kindle are very good about shoving stuff in your face, for example 'people who bought X also bought Y' and while I would like to think I am not a sheep sometimes stuff is brought to my attention which I otherwise would not be aware of and I will buy the book.

I don't think it is a good idea to add 'Search in Google' to the cover of a book for a number of reasons.

If people know about your book and they search on Amazon and don't find it then most people would try Google next.

• DysonLogosDysonLogos Bibliophile
    I use google to search for stuff, including books.
  • Em_PressEm_Press Professor

I look on Amazon for specific books, on Google if I only have a general idea of the title.

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

I have found many books i needed by entering key words in the Google search engine.

I read the pages available on Google, and check  whether this is the book I want. If it is, I buy it from Amazon. Very convenient.

• > I have found many books i needed by entering key words in the Google search engine.

> I read the pages available on Google, and check  whether this is the book I want. If it is, I buy it from Amazon. Very convenient.

But I am going NOT to sell from Amazon, only from Lulu.

If not found at Amazon, will you use the "purchase" link at my book homepage to buy from Lulu?

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

porton a écrit :

If not found at Amazon, will you use the "purchase" link at my book homepage to buy from Lulu?

Certainly. I once found a book on Malay poisons republished with Lulu. I found it by entering "Malay poisons" in the Google search engine.

Lulu books are directly displayed on the page of your computer if you enter either the author's name or the title. Quite often, Lulu books are at the top of the list.

You just click on the link and Google takes you to the Lulu book on the Lulu site. For instance, search for "Jean-Paul G. POTET", and you'll see my books with their links to Lulu. You can do the same with yours.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Then the simple answer is that your book will not be found at Amazon if it's not there. Amazon is not a search engine but an on-line book store that has a search bar only for books for sale at Amazon.

Google is a search engine that searches the entire internet.

Will who use the link at Lulu? Us?

But even if they use Google people will need to know exactly what to search for in order to find only your book.

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

Porton asked:

If you are asking will Google show the links to your book on Lulu the answer is yes. If you have already provided people with the name of the book chances are they will search on Google (to see where they can buy it from) and should not have any trouble finding your book.