WORST SERVICE I'VE HAD IN YEARS

How do you get someone to actually use their brains over there?

I sent TWO full PDFs of a book that had already been paid for, by the way, and Lulu has messed it up twice.

I've called and emailed multiple times and just wind back up with yet another ditsy customer service rep, who exuberantly tells gives me the same exact worthless lines, and tells me to have a nice day.

This company is a nightmare.

I need to talk to someone who can actually do something about crooked pages and run together words.

I WOULD NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Christine for Raoul LeBlanc

(who never saw his book get printed correctly)

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

How do you get someone to actually use their brains over there?

Over where?

I sent TWO full PDFs of a book that had already been paid for, by the way,

Then you should be talking to whomever at Lulu took on the paid-for Lulu Service. Why are you telling a user to user forum?

and Lulu has messed it up twice.

I don't see how a PDF could be messed up. Was it just text? No formatting for the book shape and size you wanted?

I've called and emailed multiple times and just wind back up with yet another ditsy customer service rep, who exuberantly tells gives me the same exact worthless lines, and tells me to have a nice day.

Yes, but what exactly do they say?

This company is a nightmare.

The 1000s who use it each day and have for years would possibly argue with you.

I need to talk to someone who can actually do something about crooked pages and run together words.

Crooked pages? Words run together? Would you have a screenshot or scan of those problems you could paste in to this thread? I would like to see the problem/s.

I WOULD NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

Why do you need to speak to someone here then?

Christine for Raoul LeBlanc

(who never saw his book get printed correctly)

Well, that is what Proofs are for, and if the Proof is not right then adjustments are made to the original files. Many who use Lulu do it themselves because it's Self-Publishing.

The books are actually here, published and with ISBNs (but no Previews for people to see why you are asking so much for so few pages) >>     https://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?keyWords=Raoul+LeBlanc&type=

• Those are very expensive, $50 for 120 page book. Of course the info might be worth to some.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Yes that can sometimes be true, but they will not find out until they have bought it, and there's no returns unless a book is faulty.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Did you buy a service or do it yourself and simply need customer service?

You say you bought two PDFs (paid for).

If you did it yourself you are responsible for the formatting. If you paid for a service there is no way Lulu would give you a messy PDF.

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

raoulaleblanc a écrit :

run together words.

Very odd! How can that be? They must be run together in your PDF hence in your wordprocessor  file. Did you have someone tinker with your PDF before you uploaded it?

• Hello Christine

After some investigation, it appears you were working with our professional services team. Based on the information I can find, they informed you that the printing problem - i.e crooked pages, would have to be corrected by the printer. If you call the number they provided you, we will investigate and replace the book at no cost to you.

As to the run-on words, If you will provide page numbers on which you see the problem, I will be happy to compare the file you uploaded with the print-ready file we created. When PDF files are uploaded, we do not make changes to the content, we only confirm the file is the correct size for the selected book format and that the fonts are properly embedded.

• Glenn, I have to say that I'm impressed by the calm professionalism that you display when confronted with incoherent rants.

I doubt I could be so patient in your shoes.