We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Community Rankings for the Lulu Forums

Hi,

I want to publish a hardcover, full colour illustrated story for children but notice that I can't get an ISBN from Lulu. Can I supply my own ISBN and if so, will it be printed on the back cover to sell through the Lulu store?  I won't be selling through Lulu otherwise. My own private copy is fantastic, colour pages excellent, the cover excellent, it's disappointing that I may have to go elsewhere to sell it.

Many thanks,

Liz.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

You can get an ISBN from Lulu for a 6x9  Hardcover, which has distribution  or you can supply your own. You can buy your own ISBN from myidentifiers.com if  you are American and from the Canadian ISBN Service System (CISS) if you are Canadian (free).

You can upload a one-piece PDF cover and place yoru barcode with your own ISBN on it.

A citizen of the world.

• Yes Elizabeth, Maggie is correct and Lulu can accommodate all you need, the very best of luck with your book

James
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Not all books you can create at Lulu can have a Lulu ISBN, and if it cannot then the ISBN option will not appear, so you have to pick one that can, as shown by the tick in the green 'ball' on Create.

PS: What has the header to this thread got to do with the subject?

• Kevin is right, what has your post got to do with your heading?

James
  • Thanks Maggie. My book is 8.5 x 11 unfortunately. However, I can purchase my own ISBN here in Australia and will go with that. Regards, Elizabeth.

• Thanks James.
  • Yes, I wondered this too.
  • I nearly bypassed this because it had nothing to do with my query.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

But you must have created it Liz. Smiley Happy