Lulu Offer is not what it seems

Yesterday, an email dropped into my inbox here in the UK which offered me 25% off orders over $50.00

Please note, that was $50.00, not £50.00

As it happened, I needed some books, so I went onto the Lulu site and placed an order in English currency which I figured, when translated, would be more than $50.00 in funny money.

You guessed it, the coupon was rejected because the order was not more than £50.00

Lulu, when you send a marketing email to somebody in the UK is it too much to ask that you get the currency right?

(A pound of what?????)

Comments

• I chatted with our marketing department.

They are hanging their heads in shame over this mistake. Our email campaigns are usually currency-specific.

Once again, we apologize for this oversight.

• Bonsoir.

Voilà, je me suis inscrite sur votre site dans la soirée et j'ai plein de choses à vous dire.

J'ai commandé deux livres sur votre site et ils marquent : Expédié en 3 à 5 jours ouvrés. Je déménage le 20 mai et j'ai vraiment peur que les deux livres soit pas encore arrivé, est- ce que ça saurait possible d'être livré au moins avant le 20 ? Est ce que je peux vraiment vous faire confiance ? Est ce que c'est possible aussi de vous demander de me le livré avant le 20 ?

J'attends votre réponse avec impatience et en cas où vous me le demanderez ma commande est : 10568404

merci bien et a bientôt !

• Bonjour,

Comme il s'agit d'une question personnelle, nous allons vous répondre par e-mail.

Quand vous avez besoin de contacter le service clientèle, il faut remplir une demande d'assistance en cliquant sur le lien en haut de la page.

Merci !

Bien cordialement,

Lulu Prees, inc.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Hrmm, I never get such mails, but there are offers on the log in page and they are usually country specific.

• Could you please give me the real scoop about information regarding the "buzz" over Author Solutions and partnership with Lulu?

I don't believe everything I read on the internet; however, this is recent information published, in several blogs, and I would like to hear from Lulu on this matter.

Regards,

A.D. Smith

• expédiés le 20 mai ça veux dire dans la boite aux lettre le 20 ? et l'imprimeur peut imprimé les deux livres en 3 jours ouvré aussi ?
  • expédiés le 20 mai ça veux dire dans la boite aux lettre le 20 ? et l'imprimeur peut imprimé les deux livres en 3 jours ouvré aussi ?

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Lol,

Je pense que tu écris seulement aux anglophones ici. Tu serais mieux de correspondre soit au Forum francais où de remplir la formulaire pour de l'aide.

A citizen of the world.

Could you please give me the real scoop about information regarding the "buzz" over Author Solutions and partnership with Lulu?

I don't believe everything I read on the internet; however, this is recent information published, in several blogs, and I would like to hear from Lulu on this matter.

What buzz? Unless you say what is said it's impossible to reply. I have found this though, which is uncomplimentary, and dated 2013, two years ago,

http://the-digital-reader.com/2013/03/08/lulu-signs-deal-with-the-devil-now-partnered-with-author-solutions/

What often puzzles me is who this 'Community' is who keeps getting asked about 'what they want'? This forum is Lulu's community and no one has asked in here. Lulu asked once ages ago about something else.

But unless you use Lulu's paid for services, it's irrelevant. It's possible to DIY self-publish at Lulu for no cost but a Proof including an ISBN and distribution.

• @ADSmith

Our authors who have elected to work with Lulu Publishing Services get the one-on-one personal assistance and project management they want while retaining all copyright and publishing rights to their books.

We partnered with Author Solutions in March 2013, shortly after the company was acquired by Random House. This partnership allows us to provide top-quality professional services for authors seeking assistance publishing their manuscripts. The team dedicated to serving Lulu.com customers operates as an extension of our team to provide personalized, one-on-one help with editing, formatting, cover design, website development, marketing, publicity, etc.  For a full list of the services we offer, visit www.lulu.com/services/list.

• Excusez moi de vous dérangé vraiment, mais je sais pas comment faire pour avoir le livre avant le 20 mai,vous pouvez faire une exeption, car je suis pas sur d'avoir les deux livres attends, ça saurait vraiment formidable que l'imprimeur face 3 jour ouvré ou même moins, je sais pas comment faire, vraiment.

That was pretty funny, Glenn. I lololololololed for over two minutes.

A citizen of the world.

• Excusez moi de vous dérangé vraiment, mais je sais pas comment faire pour avoir le livre avant le 20 mai,vous pouvez faire une exeption, car je suis pas sur d'avoir les deux livres attends, ça saurait vraiment formidable que l'imprimeur face 3 jour ouvré ou même moins, je sais pas comment faire, vraiment.

Clique sur ca: Discuter

A citizen of the world.

• D'ailleurs comment ça ce fait que je peux pas vous envoyé un message privée ?

Is it my imagination or cannot lolololololoolo  type French?  Smiley Surprised

He types French very well.

However, I do think he is deliberately wasting people's time.

A citizen of the world.

It does not translate to English well, and you may be right.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Reposez votre question dans le forum français de Lulu. Smiley Happy

• oncewasoncewas Librarian

How can one seriously question someone's ability to type French (surely that should be write, rather than type) based on the fact that it doesn't translate well into English?

Could not is be the problem much with ways the internet translations services are is still stuck inside to the Tower of Babel?

How can one seriously question someone's ability to type French (surely that should be write, rather than type)

These posts are typed are they not?

based on the fact that it doesn't translate well into English?

Easy, because it does not translate well in to English. This makes sense does it?  >>

"Excuse me really bothered you, but I know how to have the book by May 20, you can make an exeption, because I'm not about to have the two books wait, that can really great that the printer face worked three days or even less, I know how to do, really."

It's already been decided that the postings are a wind-up anyway.

• Hello, Lulu. I ordered 20 Dominican-rite Mass booklets, order # 10459685, and was advised on 13 April that the product had been shipped. Over a month later, the consignment has not yet arrived. Are you about to give me any information or advice about this order? For example, was the product shipped by air or surface mail? I hope you are able to help me as it is an expensive item. Thanks. Best regards. Christopher Dowd.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Maggie a écrit :

He types French very well.

Yet, I spotted several spelling mistakes.