Personal discount codes

My children's book An EA/TEF Story Inside and Out is meant to raise awareness and funds for a rare GI condition my child was born with. Proceeds go to charity. 

I have been promoting it to hospital and I would like to offer it to some hospital at cost for families that do not have the means to buy it full price.

Is there a way to set up "personal" discount codes to give to some costumers or is the only way for me to have ti shipped to them?

Vanessa

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Make Lulu ship your book to them. You'll pay the bill (author's price), and you'll charge your customers at the price of your choice.

• Another option is to create a duplicate project, without an ISBN that is set to Direct Access.

You can price this project so that it has $0.00 revenue allowing families to order it directly from Lulu.

Projects set to Direct Access are only visible to people who have the URL for the project. So, all you would need is a business card or flyer with that URL to hand out to families.

I hope this helps.

• Can someone list the steps for creating the duplicate project? The only way I see to do this right now is to "Revise." Seeing that I used Lulu for creating the project, I am not personally able to add a copy of the project in any other way.

Please advise. I am attempting to issue special discounts for individual organizations and their members.

Thanks in advance! 

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

As a New Project in the exact same way as you created the original one, and using the same files that should already be in your My Files to be loaded in to the Wizard.

• This strategy doesn't seem to work for the cover. Do I need to "reinvent the wheel" where my cover is concerned?

Is there a way of simply COPYING an existing project to use as direct access? Thanks.

It should work for previously uploaded images, used or not for another previous Project. In the Cover Wizard it gives you the option where to obtain an image from, three options I think, and one of them is from My Files.

• I guess the problem is that I used the cover wizard; I didn't upload any cover files. Looks like I have to go through the wizard again and recreate the original cover, which means I'll have to order a proof copy and review it. (Wouldn't dare assume it's correct.) Thanks for your reply.

The Cover Wizard should still save the PR PDF it creates into the My Files.

• It does but when I try to use it, it just "hangs".