Book revision

I can't really get inspired to write although I have two books on my desktop ready to start. I was thinking of just doing a major revision on my first book which would add a few pages , photographs and more charts. Definetly more detail. Now that I go back and reread it , it needs more work. What do you think? Major revision new isbn or start a new one. Now after reading the article I posted here, I see some great advice. It mentions something about niche books which mine is. The advice it gave is if there are hundreds of books on the topic you are writing on then your book might sell. I just thought a topic that is very popular on google concerning religion. So maybe I found something to write about.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I can't really get inspired to write although I have two books on my desktop ready to start. I was thinking of just doing a major revision on my first book which would add a few pages , photographs and more charts. Definetly more detail. Now that I go back and reread it , it needs more work. What do you think? Major revision new isbn or start a new one. Now after reading the article I posted here, I see some great advice. It mentions something about niche books which mine is. The advice it gave is if there are hundreds of books on the topic you are writing on then your book might sell. I just thought a topic that is very popular on google concerning religion. So maybe I found something to write about.

If there are that many changes you can make then perhaps create it as the 'New Improved' edition with a new ISBN?

If the existing one has not sold any or just a few then perhaps you could get away with improving that existing Project?

But as I say, if it has a great many changes then make it obvious in the description and on the cover and even previous buyers may buy the new one. But it would have to be a New Project.

"The advice it gave is if there are hundreds of books on the topic you are writing on then your book might sell." If you think about that it also means there's 100s of other books people could buy instead. But if I recall correctly you book is pretty unique so in a niche of its own.

Perhaps the moral is. Make sure a book is 100% as it should be before it's published.  Smiley Happy