Using Lulu to Print a Creative Commons Book?

Perhaps this is a bit of a newbie question, but here goes. I have found an online book published under the creative commons license that I would like to have printed. To be clear, I have no intention of selling this book, and I have marked this book as private; I would only like to print a version for personal use. Is this allowed under Lulu's Terms of Service? The only thing that really concerns me is that Lulu provides a storefront for the book, even if it's only available to myself. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Set to Private only you can access the book even if it does have a Storefront, but if it worries you then buy a print then delete the Project.

Creative Commons does not mean Public Domain though and there are many types of CC Licences.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/

• That's what I figured, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. Thanks for the help!

• Dear LULU,

How do I start composing one of my Creative Stories on LULU Website.

I have registered already.

How do I start writing.

Can you get back tom.

Theodora.

• BildumGProman wrote:

Perhaps this is a bit of a newbie question, but here goes. I have found an online book published under the creative commons license that I would like to have printed. To be clear, I have no intention of selling this book, and I have marked this book as private; I would only like to print a version for personal use. Is this allowed under Lulu's Terms of Service? The only thing that really concerns me is that Lulu provides a storefront for the book, even if it's only available to myself. Thank you for your time.

BildumGProman wrote:

BildumGProman wrote:

Hi There,

I wish to post one of my Creative Stories:

I long to stroll open fields, where shimmering rays of golden sun reflect deep valley. There lies silver lake a glass mirror.

Gazing to empty sky, I watch clouds drift, how silver mists cover peaks of rolling hill.

Grasses sparkle with morning dew, birds sing. buzzing bee in coloured flower, soft breeze all around me.

Tall trees with widespread roots, branches clothed in new born leaves.

Cascading waters plunge into river deep, anchored boat dances.

MOUNTAINS:

I long to reach

The Summit.

My foot grips

Rugged Rock.

TREES:

Tall are

Trees,

Their

Leaves

Rustle

And

Fall.

I hope these short stories and poems you will enjoy reading.

Theodora.

Dear LULU,

How do I start writing.

Can you get back tom.

Theodora.

• theodoramary2 wrote:

Dear LULU,

How do I start writing.

Can you get back tom.

Theodora.

Don't mix up Creative Commons with simply being creative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons

https://creativecommons.org/

You start writing by starting to write but you do not do it on Lulu, you publish things here that you have already written.

• kevinlomas wrote:

theodoramary2 wrote:

Dear LULU,

How do I start writing.

Can you get back tom.

Theodora.

Don't mix up Creative Commons with simply being creative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons

https://creativecommons.org/

You start writing by starting to write but you do not do it on Lulu, you publish things here that you have already written.

To further clarify:

One writes one's story or poetic works offline, for example as a files on one's own computer. When one is ready to publish them, one comes here and goes through the publishing wizard in order to compile them into a book.

The actual writing happens at home, so to speak.