How much longer will I have to wait?

I bought a copy of my book for review pending the final version on March 10. On March 13 I received an email that my book had shipped. I am still waiting for it. What is the average wait time for a hard cover book to come to Australia? I need this copy so my graphic designer can check the cover design before I finalise it. I have already sold more than 100 copies to supporters via my kickstarter and they've already been waiting nine months. What's taking so long?

Comments

• Once it has shipped it is out of Lulu's hands or controls as to how long it will take to get to you.

Did you select a shipping option that allows tracking? If so, track the package and see where it is in the shipping process.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

It's even out of Lulu's hands once the order is made because Lulu also do not print them. But some books are only printed in the USA are they not?  It's a big world and when you get your post depends on where you live and where it's coming from.

• Talking to some of my customers in Australia and they report 3-4 week shipping times for Lulu hardcovers.
  • Hello Brianf-g

Unfortunately, our print partner in Australia cannot print hardcover editions. As such, these are printed in France and shipped to Australia - hence the delay.

France!? Even further.

• kevinlomas wrote:

France!? Even further.

According to one of my customers from Australia, shipping from the French printer (via Belgium) is significantly faster than getting hardcovers from the US printer - on the order of 2-8 weeks of extra time (so 5-13 weeks total) when getting books that can only be printed at the US printer.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

Where or where is the Aussie print partner that can do hardcovers?

• SphinxCameron wrote:

Where or where is the Aussie print partner that can do hardcovers?

The hardcovers going to Australia are printed in France and shipped through Belgium. The Aussie print partner only does softcovers.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

These long delays are surprising because it takes a few days to print a book, package it and ship it. These parcels are quickly carried by cargo-planes to all destinations in the world. We also receive fresh tropical fruit and flowers on a daily basis. So I suppose the bottleneck is somewhere in the sorting department on arrival.

It can depend a lot on where a person lives. Some places still only get post once a week, even once a month. Depends on the volume of post to and from those places I suppose.