Project Categorization

Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

This morning I got the email letting me know I needed to select a category for my projects, and when I check my General or Direct Access projects they were (as I had thought) all categorized.

I have an early stage hardcover project, far from completion, and therefore uncategorized.

I have a few Private Access projects, uncategorized, which I have used for making preview samples of released epubs or printing a physical copy of my work (not ready for release) for Wife to read.

Is there any reason I would need to categorize something that will never see the light of day?

Let the games begin.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

It's just telling you there are now more options. I have not changed mine because they are already in what they should be, I think! Science Fiction/Fantasy.

I did notice the Explicit Content tick here box that I have not noticed before and because one of mine does contain some I have ticked that.

This >>   http://www.kevinlomas.net/LSD---three.html

Does that tick carry over to other sites?

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

The tick does (I believe) filter out to any other site(s) where your content is distributed by Lulu, and I think customers who don't care for explicit won't see your ticked title.

I checked both my releases, though predominately PG-13 there are a few passages where due to sox or language the work might be considered unsuitable for the less intrepid readership.

I seriously doubt anyone would lock themselves into the bathroom to meditate over my books or covers but you never know.

kevinlomas wrote:

It's just telling you there are now more options. I have not changed mine because they are already in what they should be, I think! Science Fiction/Fantasy.

I did notice the Explicit Content tick here box that I have not noticed before and because one of mine does contain some I have ticked that.

This >>   http://www.kevinlomas.net/LSD---three.html

Does that tick carry over to other sites?

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

I have notched it for "Concombre en Absurdistan", "Concombre aux Philippines" and "L'Onirothèque de Quentin Cumber" because an old colleague of mine, who is an inveterate prude, detected in them a certain number of shocking passages, that he urged me to bowdlerize. Actually everything sexual in these books is implicit. Yet, I'll cling to this category, in the hope it will draw the attention of more readers, although I fear some could sue me for misleading advertising.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

Since there will always be that certain percentage of the population that will wish to censor anything they personally disagree with, now matter how insignifacant the implict or explicit the content or the percentage thereof, I don't feell you need to worry about misleading advert lawsuits, unless you call it erotica when it isn't.

potetjp wrote:

I have notched it for "Concombre en Absurdistan", "Concombre aux Philippines" and "L'Onirothèque de Quentin Cumber" because an old colleague of mine, who is an inveterate prude, detected in them a certain number of shocking passages, that he urged me to bowdlerize. Actually everything sexual in these books is implicit. Yet, I'll cling to this category, in the hope it will draw the attention of more readers, although I fear some could sue me for misleading advertising.

How right you are. Smiley Happy

I seriously doubt anyone would lock themselves into the bathroom to meditate over my books or covers but you never know.

It is all in the eyes of the beholder.

In one or more US states many years ago they eventually banned Donald Duck because he did not wear pants, and Popeye because he was not married to Olive. Sad but true.

kevinlomas a écrit :

In one or more US states many years ago they eventually banned Donald Duck because he did not wear pants, and Popeye because he was not married to Olive. Sad but true.

LOL Wasn't Lulu itself attacked a couple of years ago by puritan activists claiming its portal was both satanist and obscene? Reading their drivel proved first mildly entertaining, then quickly boring..

• The notification said to click "Save Changes". The only button I see besides "Edit" and "Cancel" is "Create new Revision".

Is that Luluese for Save Changes?

Just playing it safe...

The first page that opens when you click Revise on a Project name in the Project list has sections with editable details which you save once changed. That's possible without entering the Project Wizard to Create New Revision or buying a Proof.

jts a écrit :

The notification said to click "Save Changes". The only button I see besides "Edit" and "Cancel" is "Create new Revision".

Is that Luluese for Save Changes?

Just playing it safe...

There is such a button at the bottom of each section.

I find this categorization very useful because I plan to publish a book on the vocabulary of sex in Tagalog / Filipino. Some of the examples concerning current usage are sheer obscenities drawn from Internet sites,  hence the absolute necessity to warn potential readers that this publication is reserved for adults, in spite of the fact that it is a scholarly study..

• One must click the Edit button in the section before updating the category.

When the Edit button is clicked, the Save button will display allowing the author to save changes.

• I have tried this several times.

When the "Edit" button is pressed two buttons appear: "Next" and "Cancel".

When the "Next" button is pressed you are taken to a page where you have three choices: "Cancel", "Create Revision" and "Approve". 

"Create Revision" starts a new project. Wrong choice.

"Approve" seems to be the one intended to be this "Save" option.

Perhaps I'm over-cautious, but clarity is no vice.

As an exercise in indecision, I approved the hardback copy of this book as "Fiction - Fantasy" and the paperback copy as "Poetry". Both certainly apply. I wonder what the result will be?

I agree, it did use to just say Save Or Cancel. Approve makes it sound as if one is publishing a change the the book, but then again a lot on that page is passed on to retailers in the same manner as book Revisions.