One piece front / one piece back cover??

I created a project a while ago where I put one image on the front, a separate on the back (both full size, covering the entire area), and no spine image. I didn't use any of Lulu's text boxes.

I'm trying to do the same thing again but can't figure out how to do it. The Wizard only gives certain layout options and all have text boxes and smaller images - I'm sure there used to be an option there for one single front image and one single back image but it's gone. Can the text boxes be deleted? The "old cover designer" only lets me upload a full image to the front, not the back, and I don't want to do a one-piece cover with spine.

Comments

• TheJesusNinjaTheJesusNinja Teacher Teacher

You can still use the new cover designer the same as you did. Just insert the photos into each side or front and back. Just delete the text in the text boxes and it won't show. Do the same for spine area if you added something there. Then click preview and see if it worked. I did the same thing basically with my cover below. Just choose a temple that has full page not the one with the hole in the middle. You change them by clicking up at the top I think it's format or something.

• wildwindwildwind Publisher Publisher

Click on Themes in the Cover Wizard and you will find the template for what you want to do in there.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor Professor

You can use the old cover designer. One image for front and one for back, with the option of editing text, font,etc. Quite simple.

When the Wizard starts to load, quickly click on "old cover designer" (top-ish left). Wait patiently even if you get an error mesage; it will bring you there.

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius Lulu Genius

Click on Themes in the Cover Wizard and you will find the template for what you want to do in there.

From what I gather, the OP does not wish to use Themes and the main template is the same for then all. Front, spine, back.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius Lulu Genius

I created a project a while ago where I put one image on the front, a separate on the back (both full size, covering the entire area), and no spine image. I didn't use any of Lulu's text boxes.

Yes, that's still possible and is all I do, and it can be done in the default Wizard.

I'm trying to do the same thing again but can't figure out how to do it. The Wizard only gives certain layout options and all have text boxes and smaller images -

Ignore them and use the Text Tools to delete the default text, leave it on the spine though.

I'm sure there used to be an option there for one single front image and one single back image but it's gone.

Nope the option is still there but not really all that clear.

Can the text boxes be deleted?

No, but you can delete the auto-placed in them text, such as title and writer's name, and then ignore them, that camera icon will not be printed and neither will the frame's, well, frames.

The "old cover designer" only lets me upload a full image to the front, not the back, and I don't want to do a one-piece cover with spine.

Upload your images and they appear in a box at the righthand side. Click on the front one and hold click and drag it to a corner of the front section template and it will cover everything. Ditto for the back image. The spine can be matched using the eyedropper tool if you want to, but don't forget to change the spine font so it can still be read.