Illustrations Placement in Non-Fiction Book

I'm currently writing my book and my illustrator has completed some of the illustrations for the book. I want to make sure that each illustration precedes a new chapter and is not associated with the previous chapter. How do I make sure the correct illustration shows with its correct chapter? (The illustration won't be on the same page as the new chapter.) I included an attachment of an old book I saw online for an example of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thank you

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Use Page Breaks such as New Page.

How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!
  • Thanks. But that didn't solve my issue unfortunately; my illustrations still show on random pages.

• Anybody with other suggestions? Using a page break doesn't keep my illustrations on the left-hand side. I guess I would have to create blank pages after a chapter ends and make sure to insert the illustrations to the left (which is going to be a challenge).

• The main issue I'm having is with the style guide I'm using that I donwloaded from Lulu. They have the odd pages labeled as even and the even pages labeled as odd. When I click to show the section tabs, the odd pages are labled with the Even Page Footer Section 8 tabs but the page is clearly an odd page as the margins are pre-set for an odd page. This is what's throwing me off. Can I disregard those tabs and just write and position my illustrations based on the pages' margin settings?

• Hello TNative

Try using Section Break Odd Page

This will ensure your illustration will appear on the next odd page (right-hand side) of the book.

You may wish to use the same type of break after the illustration so that the chapter text will also be on the right side of the book rather being printed on the reverse side of the illustration.

• Thank YOU Glenn! You saved my life again! This is one Mom who is SO thankful for your help Smiley Wink

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Anybody with other suggestions? Using a page break doesn't keep my illustrations on the left-hand side.

Well it does if you use more than one.

How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!