Preview

I have no book preview yet. I have been trying and there says that author  provided that . I want like the other to have my

ebook preview. How can I do that?

Regards

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

I do believe you have to upload your preview by clicking on the project name, going to the section for the preview, and clicking "Upload Preview".

It tends to help if you've already got a preview you wish to upload.

nonabo06 wrote:

I have no book preview yet. I have been trying and there says that author  provided that . I want like the other to have my book preview. How can I do that?

Regards

• When I upload PDF and e-PUB my preview is not the same like other previews. 

I would like that my preview looks like your preview on REGENERATION Gina's Journey.

That's easy to do.

1. Create a copy of your original file with the amount of your story you care to offer as a preview. It helps if you include the word 'sample' or 'preview' in the file name -- remember this file is separate from your story.
    2. Start a new private epub project with your story's name with 'sample' or 'preview' tagged at the end. Since it's a preview you don't need an ISBN, this is why it's a private access project.
    3. Next upload your file, upload the cover for the story, and process as an epub.
    4. Download your finished Preview-Epub and save to your computer.
    5. Go into the project for your main story, find the preview section.
    6. If you uploaded a pdf preview, delete the old preview then upload the epub version of your preview.

Have fun.

nonabo06 wrote:

When I upload PDF and e-PUB my preview is not the same like other previews. 

I would like that my preview looks like your preview on REGENERATION Gina's Journey.

• Cameron,

Thank you on such detailed answer. 

I will follow your instructions and hope that I will succeed.

This is my first E-book and have many difficulties about E-book.

Hope that will not be annoying for you if I contact you again.

Regards,

Nada

Nada,

You having questions isn't annoying, as both writing and publishing are learning processes.

I believe Glenn Hunt's free guide to creating epubs should make the process somewhat easier, though easy may be a relative term and in direct relation to your computer, its operating system, your word processing programs, and so on.

If you have questions, ask them, as there are many end-users on the fora who have answers. If nothing else, message me and I can reply by email. The main reason I'm on the fora at the moment is I just did some tighter typography / typesetting on print versions of the two books I have released and I'm checking the order status for my proofs. (Her Grace was busy screaming demonic obscenities at me for ignoring her while I was working. I had to clean up the contents of the baabaa she threw.)

I'll be diving back into the worlds I write about soon enough, and once my proofs arrive and get approved I may not be back in the fora for a few weeks.

• Dear Cameron

If I understood you well yoo would answer me by your private e-mial.

Would you be so kind and give me your private e-mail?

Regards,

Nada

Check your private messages.

nonabo06 wrote:

Dear Cameron

If I understood you well yoo would answer me by your private e-mial.

Would you be so kind and give me your private e-mail?

Regards,

Nada

Check Message.JPG

• Congratulations on creating your ebook.

I gave up and paid to get the lulu staff to create my ebook.  They were wonderful and created the book within forty eight hours of my request.  I too now need to upload a preview which is similar to my paperback preview.  So am reading your conversation here.  I can't do the uploading...I get confused so have sent a message to the lulu customer service.  It seems the above comments advice that we probably copy sections of the document...the sections we wish to use as a preview?  But, i don't know how to create the epub.  When you get it done come back and let us know how it worked out.

Good luck!

Well done!

S

• I made preview for my E-book  http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/natural-crystals/16383046 (PDF preiew) I do not like this one and want ot have preview like others.

If you like this preview send me your preview in doc.x format and I will make it for you.