Deleting bad files

How do you delete files from My Files?? I want to delete an old file I uploaded and I selected the file in my My Files folder, and clicked delete, and then got a message that says "You may not delete a file from a project via My Files." If I cannot delete a file from a project in this folder, then how am I supposed to delete the file?? I only want files in my folder that are being used in the project, I don't want my folder cluttered up with duplicates that shouldn't count anymore. Please HELP!!

Another thing, why does nobody ever respond to those support tickets? I sent one in about this a week ago, and they said they would get back to me within 2 to 4 business days. Well, it's been more than that and I haven't heard from no one!

Comments

• SphinxCameronSphinxCameron Southern Escarpment Hill Country Librarian

Support tickets: you have to reply to the auto-email sent to you so the system will know your issue wasn't solved by one of the self-help topics, otherwise your ticket closes after a set amount of time.

• How do I reply? There is no link in the email. And the email address begins with noreply, so they may not get it.

• Yes! I too have been frustrated in my attempts to clean up obsolete files that have no purpose. I have read here that "old files will be deleted after 21 days" but that has not been the case. I get nervous imagining that at some point the incorrect files will wind up falling into use upon an order of books. I can see no reason why they should not be deleted.

• At least I know I am not the only one. Lulu needs to get back the live chat feature! I'm getting frustrated with these dumb "support tickets" that offers no support whatsoever!! Making me mad here!!Woman Frustrated

• Files associated with any previously published project will be retained based on our file retention policy that I have included below:

eBook Policy:

1. All files from any version that has sold will be retained.
    2. All files from the currently published (active) version will be retained.
    3. All files from the previously published version will be retained.

Print Book Policy:

1. All files from the currently published (active) version will be retained.
    2. All files from the previously published version will be retained.
    3. If the previously published version has not sold, the latest version that sold, in addition to the latest version, will be retained.

As to support response times, we are a little behind due to recent team changes in combination with spring break (i.e. family vacations). We are currently adding new team members and hope to get caught up shortly. As always, we appreciate your continued patience.