Academic Press Project. Journals, Ebooks, Monographic Series, etc.

Hi

I Hope to find you all well.

At work we are developing our Academic Press project and we are planning to choose a Print-On-Demand and distribution partner.

Our initial plan is to gradually publish 6 journals 2 times a year and a few monograph collections. We will start in the short term by one Journal Title, project already ongoing and 1 collection.

Lulu printing system and the distribution channels book/ebook based. Not only regarding the distribution channels but the items creation as well. For example we dont have the possibility of creting a Journal collection. There is no ISSN field. Of course we could try to force it and create a book without ISBN and each book could be a Journal issue. But this will look strange right?

Considering the aboved mentioned project description and the possibilities of LULU for selling and distribution can you please advise.

Thanks.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I Hope to find you all well.

Usually.

At work we are developing our Academic Press project and we are planning to choose a Print-On-Demand and distribution partner.

Lulu cannot be classed as a Partner. It's a place for Self-publishing either by DIY or paying Lulu to do it.

Our initial plan is to gradually publish 6 journals 2 times a year and a few monograph collections. We will start in the short term by one Journal Title, project already ongoing and 1 collection.

Lulu printing system and the distribution channels book/ebook based.

Not sure what you mean by that. Is it a question or a statement?

Not only regarding the distribution channels but the items creation as well.

I suggest you look further in to what Lulu is. Here is a good start >>  http://www.lulu.com/create/books   and here >>  http://www.lulu.com/learn

For example we dont have the possibility of creting a Journal collection. There is no ISSN field. Of course we could try to force it and create a book without ISBN and each book could be a Journal issue. But this will look strange right?

I don't know about ISSN. Is that not just somewhere you register with and get a number? If so you just stick it on the Copyright and back cover. No?  But if you do not use the ISBN option here (free) then you do not get Distribution and it will only appear for sale on your Lulu Spotlight.

Considering the aboved mentioned project description and the possibilities of LULU for selling and distribution can you please advise.

Lulu do not sell the books. You do. Using the General setting it will get a free ISBN and dist and will appear for sale on the likes of Amazon, but it's you who have to tell people it's available to buy, just the same as any product in fact.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Hello Fpeixoto

There is a possibility that Lulu will be adding a magazine format in the near future. This could include ISSNs.

Stay tuned.

In the meantime, if you are designing your cover as a one-piece design, you can include the ISSN on the cover, but it cannot officially be registered in the metadata at this time.