Quick one about uk distribution

Hi everyone!

Could anyone please tell me if I can get my print book on Whsmiths & waterstones through lulu? Im only looking to get on the websites not the actual stores.

Thanks in advance.

JJ

Comments

• Here is the list of places which ebooks are distributed to:

E Book Distribution List

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Are you sure that's not just a list for if one publishes direct through Ingrams?

This is the Lulu list for ePubs   >>>  http://www.kevinlomas.net/E-book-Retailer-List.html

That's not what was asked though.

No I am afraid not unless you approach them direct which unfortunately is the case for a lot of places. In fact W H Smith is a distributor in their own right.

A lot of places do not accept POD books, they expect Sale Or Return, and many frown on self-published books.

However, do not worry about it because your book will be on Amazon, who did not go bankrupt as Waterstones did a few years ago.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• Sorry, I didn't read that carefully enough.

Sorry, I didn't read that carefully enough.

We all suffer from that problem at times.

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.

• I was surprised when I found my first book in Sainsbury's.  Frozen meat aisle. It was keeping a freezer level Smiley Very Happy

• My book, London Red, went onto Kobo through the Lulu distribution service. W H Smith own Kobo and sell the Kobo devices in their stores. So that's the nearest I could get to Smiths. With Waterstones, I took 3 paperbacks into the local shop but I don't know if they sold any. 

W. H. Smith do not own Kobo. It's a Canadian e-reader manufacturer owned by some Far Eastern company, and anyone can sell their device.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobo_Inc.