Printed Book v. Digital Online

I've completed a manuscript and as well as text it includes pages for user input as text (free-form text, multiple lines). The target market generally is over age 40 years, with many over 50 years, plus roughtly 60% female and 40% male, many having average computer/internet skills.

I need some guidance as to whether it would be better to offer this as a printed book or in digital online form (note: ebooks are unsuitable because of the user input).

Any idea as to the likely preference of this group?

Thanks,
David.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Definitely a print book, but find a way to make it work as an ebook as well. It's a huge market.

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I've completed a manuscript and as well as text it includes pages for user input as text (free-form text, multiple lines). The target market generally is over age 40 years, with many over 50 years, plus roughtly 60% female and 40% male, many having average computer/internet skills.

I need some guidance as to whether it would be better to offer this as a printed book or in digital online form (note: ebooks are unsuitable because of the user input).

It depends what that input is for. Is it interactive or static?

Any idea as to the likely preference of this group?

What is "average" though?  And the group you mention is a bit vague in its description as well as vast. All I can think off right now is a website and I know for sure it's possible to create forms of many types in the webbuilder of the host I use. But you will have the same problem with a website as you will with any form of book. Getting people to know it exists.

Anyway. Click my banner below, scroll down, click the "Do you want a website like this?" bar and take a look at Homestead.

How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!