We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.

At this time, we're investigating the problem and looking for a solution.

If you've encountered this issue while converting your file, we suggest attempting to create and upload an EPUB directly to our system.

While there are a number of EPUB conversion options, Calibre (Download Here) has shown the best results for creating an EPUB for the Lulu system. Please review their extensive Help resources (Found Here) to create an EPUB 2 that our system can validate.

We've also created this Forum Thread. Post questions here and we'll do our best to respond and assist.

Can the printers handle 16 bit depth?

I'm working on a cover and have the choice of 8 bit or 16 bit depth in Photoshop. Can lulu's printers handle 16 bit depth?

Thanks!

Comments

•  

The printers only take into account whether the mode is RGB and its resolution, which should be 300 dpi.

That being said, I use 8 bit and the covers turn out spectacular.

A citizen of the world.

• I use Paintshop Pro 5 from 1995.

It goes from 1 bit to 24 bit.

I assume I use 24 bit (because it's at a 'millions of colours' setting) at a min of 300dpi (jpg) but I also often create at up to 4 times the size I need then shrink when complete.

That depth and DPI is greater than what I think the cover printers can achieve, but my covers still look OK to me, and as I am my worst critic, that's good enough   Smiley Happy

very small - A5 - LSD 3 - Front COVER - New - 2013.jpg

Myself and my friend combined know everything there is to know, but he's not here.