Does lulu file my book with the library of congress?

If so then what info do I but on my copyright page about the library of congress # and category that it is filed under?

Comments

• I was never told that we need the congress info on the page. I just put my name, publishing name, dates of copyright etc. Ron or Maggie might know more about that but I've never heard of using it here.

•  

Does lulu file my book with the library of congress?

No because it's your book not Lulu's. But I do not think you have to do by law do you? Not even if you live in the USA, as many of us do not. You can do so if you want to.

http://www.loc.gov/publish/

If so then what info do I but on my copyright page about the library of congress # and category that it is filed under?

Well if you registered it then you put those extra details on your Copyright page.

And they are not the largest collection of books in the world as they claim.   Smiley Happy

How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!
  • Lulu has a service which includes registering your book with the Library of Congress.

Other than that, as the two knowledgeable fellows before me stated, you are on your own, and yes, you can add it on your copyright page.

A citizen of the world.

• The only thing you need to put on your copyright page is "Copyright © 2015 by Joe Author" whether your book is officially registered or not.

• Some copyright bumf does get a bit carried away, and some publishers still use old traditional ones that almost fill entire pages, and it's a wonder they have not added  ---

You will be in breach of copyright if the person sat at the side of you while you read this on your iPad can also read it.

How Do. Pull up a chair. Would you like a cup of tea? Don't sit in that chair!!